The COVID Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are a lot of differing opinions on this thread and understandably so due to the information (or lack of) that we are receiving. Therefore, I will only speak to recent personal experience.

As of yesterday, my family has been personally impacted by the coronavirus as my wife's father passed away with the official cause of death being COVID-19.

We are devastated by this and especially due to the fact that because of the restrictions imposed, we are unable to have a funeral or even see the body. Like a cruel insult upon injury, he will be buried with no opportunity to come together as a family and grieve and comfort each other during this very difficult time.

I hope and pray that no one else will go through this painful situation under these trying times, but all indications show that many people will suffer similar fates. Our faith in our God is helping us through this and we hold steadfast to the hope and comfort He provides.

Prayers for you and the family. I can't imagine not having a normal grieving process for my father. I'm so very sad for you all and hope you can find peace.

After nine months we just finally got the call from Arlington National Cemetery with a date for my dad's funeral. It's in August. Attendance is limited to 10 people because of the virus. That, obviously, can change...hopefully for the better. I'm actually just happy that they didn't give us April or May.

There are a lot of differing opinions on this thread and understandably so due to the information (or lack of) that we are receiving. Therefore, I will only speak to recent personal experience.

As of yesterday, my family has been personally impacted by the coronavirus as my wife's father passed away with the official cause of death being COVID-19.

We are devastated by this and especially due to the fact that because of the restrictions imposed, we are unable to have a funeral or even see the body. Like a cruel insult upon injury, he will be buried with no opportunity to come together as a family and grieve and comfort each other during this very difficult time.

I hope and pray that no one else will go through this painful situation under these trying times, but all indications show that many people will suffer similar fates. Our faith in our God is helping us through this and we hold steadfast to the hope and comfort He provides.

My family's condolences to your's. Sadly, this will probably be a scene repeated too many times this year. May your family find some peace and comfort during this time.

91497310_10222628134958339_2170343529828581376_n.jpg

My family's condolences to your's. Sadly, this will probably be a scene repeated too many times this year. May your family find some peace and comfort during this time.

Thank you. And that is very true. Even if you don't think this can affect you, please consider your families and loved ones. Take all precautions to safeguard those most precious to you and, in addition, others in the community.

4 men outside a women's clinic. From out of town. You can read between the lines on that one, but it's an assumption as to why they were there. And why GSO police chose to enforce the stay at home order.

Possibly the first violation of rights that I'm okay with....

4 men outside a women's clinic. From out of town. You can read between the lines on that one, but it's an assumption as to why they were there. And why GSO police chose to enforce the stay at home order.

Possibly the first violation of rights that I'm okay with....
But this is even worse than violating rights for what the order was intended for. Yeah they should have been practicing social distancing, they also probably shouldn’t have been where they were any day, but if we use this order just to lock people up or issue citations I think that’s opening up a can of worms. This is exactly what a lot of people fear will happen, and while this order should have good intentions, and hopefully a good outcome, actions like this aren’t going to help either of those.

Condolences for your loss.

Wtf is wrong with people? We will be our own demise. Htf do you keep going to work for 3 ****ing days with symptoms during a global pandemic and think that is ok?????

53C05075-B449-4CD2-91DD-1E4B6ADEF4AF.png

Wtf is wrong with people? We will be our own demise. Htf do you keep going to work for 3 f***ing days with symptoms during a global pandemic and think that is ok?????

View attachment 2254722
For most of my adult life I have been very Libertarian, and though very liberal on personal freedoms, I’ve not been a huge fan of expensive social programs. That said, we all need to seriously examine our values and think about second and third order effects.
When there is a lack of a social safety net people work when they are sick.
For most of my life, I’ve just felt that was sucking it up to do what you’re being paid to do. This situation is causing me to question some deeply held beliefs.

Prayers to you and your family, keep hearing more and more stories hitting closer to home.

For most of my adult life I have been very Libertarian, and though very liberal on personal freedoms, I’ve not been a huge fan of expensive social programs. That said, we all need to seriously examine our values and think about second and third order effects.
When there is a lack of a social safety net people work when they are sick.
For most of my life, I’ve just felt that was sucking it up to do what you’re being paid to do. This situation is causing me to question some deeply held beliefs.

^^^^^

Needs to be repeated. Many people live paycheck to paycheck, and don't have a choice, they have to work

Good news. Only took 2 weeks... :)

I have to call BS if we're using the Bay Area isolation as an example of it being productive. I was just in Oakland and San Francisco in December and you can't go two blocks without seeing homeless people on the street or their villages. It is absolutely everywhere. The Bay Area isn't the only place. This wasn't just seen from one visit. I lived in California for a long time before North Carolina and now Georgia. How would that many people grouped together and around be considered isolated or social distancing? I imagine that would be an extremely prone group to getting it. If you've ever been there, you know what I'm talking about.

There is a strain of the Corona in many different viral infections and have been. It has been here since late last year. Not to mention that a lot of the numbers being reported aren't accurate. It also needs to be taken into account the pre-existing conditions related to the more severe cases. I spoke with my neighbor who works at our local hospital and he says the next 2-4 weeks are going to be bad. I'm not saying that there isn't a Covid-19 problem, I'm just saying that things don't add up.

I'm not a tin foil hat guy or conspiracy theorist, but the way things have played out and the dominos have fallen with the Covid -19, isolation, events and other things being cancelled for many months ahead, closure of businesses and how that is being handled, the things attached to the stimulus package, etc raises a red flag. None of this sits or feels right with me. There's a lot more going on. I have a feeling there are a lot of others that feel the same.

Last edited:
So you're using a homelessness problem to say that there's no way social distancing can help, because how can homeless people social distance?

All the distancing sucks, and event cancellations suck, we all agree, but it's the best tool we've got right now. Not sure what doesn't feel right about that.

^^^^^
Needs to be repeated. Many people live paycheck to paycheck, and don't have a choice, they have to work

I volunteer as a Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover Advisor/Advocate and I have to say I haven't had some smart person confront me about "good debt" or call his advice b.s. (or worse) lately.

I also note the folks who praise dense pack city living are awfully friggin' quiet as well.

When SHTF, both people who don't take positive steps to be reasonably self-sufficient and/or live in large cities (often the same folks, since city life is horrifically expensive) suffer immensely, and there is no way to escape that.

Personally, I'll go out in my literal/figurative backyard when the rain stops this afternoon and take the wife and dog for a 4-6 mile walk and count my blessings for everything. And pray for those less fortunate.

So you're using a homelessness problem to say that there's no way social distancing can help, because how can homeless people social distance?

All the distancing sucks, and event cancellations suck, we all agree, but it's the best tool we've got right now. Not sure what doesn't feel right about that.

Homeless people, who by definition move around in public places, can negate attempts to socially distance/isolate.

I also note the folks who praise dense pack city living are awfully friggin' quiet as well.

When SHTF, both people who don't take positive steps to be reasonably self-sufficient and/or live in large cities (often the same folks, since city life is horrifically expensive) suffer immensely, and there is no way to escape that.

:lol: For this type of problem, correct, living in a big city is a negative. Not sure what your point is other than you don't want to live in a city yourself.

Homeless people, who by definition move around in public places, can negate attempts to socially distance/isolate.

Ok, so now the point is that the bay area has used social distancing to reduce their COVID-19 transmission rate despite the homelessness problem prevalent in that region?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom