The canal boat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually I think mine was like that much too…but I was being a smart ass!
OK, well, I'm delusional.

I bought mine two years ago and I paid $118.85 for it.

I had already cleaned it off and sealed the outside with "The Right Stuff".

It has started leaking again. Also, my steering gear is leaking, so I need to address this at some point.

It has started leaking again. Also, my steering gear is leaking, so I need to address this at some point.
Let me clarify.

I still have not installed my new one. It was the old one I sealed and is leaking again.

Sorry to clutter your thread.

I purchased a genuine Toyota one and installed it last winter….I’m sad that my new one might not last 20 years. I bought it from Partsouq…$117 if I recall.

Are there other factors at play making it leak so soon? Could issues further down in the system put too much stress on the PS reservoir and force a leak?

I purchased a genuine Toyota one and installed it last winter….I’m sad that my new one might not last 20 years. I bought it from Partsouq…$117 if I recall.

Are there other factors at play making it leak so soon? Could issues further down in the system put too much stress on the PS reservoir and force a leak?

You missed his other post

Finally bit the bullet and decided to order rear brakes. It's been put off simply because the thought of $450 for rotors is ****ing annoying. But with as little as I drive lately they'll last forever.

Also ordered pads, gaskets and seals spni can repack the rear axle. I'll drain the diffs front and rear and refill them too.

Parts should be here mid next week.

I'm going to pull the land cruiser into the shop and do some early spring maintenance to get it ready for the summer. Plus reinstall my flares now that I got a replacement for the front one.

So it'll be
Repack front bearings
Repack re-seal rear axle
Refill both diffs
Rear brakes
2 rear doors belt moulding
Oil change
Re-route pcv

Probably it.

Finally bit the bullet and decided to order rear brakes. It's been put off simply because the thought of $450 for rotors is f***ing annoying. But with as little as I drive lately they'll last forever.

Also ordered pads, gaskets and seals spni can repack the rear axle. I'll drain the diffs front and rear and refill them too.

Parts should be here mid next week.

I'm going to pull the land cruiser into the shop and do some early spring maintenance to get it ready for the summer. Plus reinstall my flares now that I got a replacement for the front one.

So it'll be
Repack front bearings
Repack re-seal rear axle
Refill both diffs
Rear brakes
2 rear doors belt moulding
Oil change
Re-route pcv

Probably it.
$450 for rotors? OEM? Where the **** did you go to buy them? The mall?

$450 for rotors? OEM? Where the f*** did you go to buy them? The mall?

Screenshot_20230210_051917_Gmail.jpg

Still waiting on parts from Dubai. So I grabbed a few totes at home Depot today to sort my gear i keep in the back. I had 1 big tote. I decided to split them between recovery gear and fluids and spares.

The black bag in the recovery tote has shackles, a tree saver, gloves, a hitch shackles and both remotes for my winch. I still need to buy a good snatch block.
The yellow bag is first aid, a long with ice packs and hand warmers.

20230219_120902.jpg

20230219_120910.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom