Take Death Trap to the next level (1 Viewer)

pjohnson

SILVER Star
My 0.02 (and that's what it worth)
1) You have 1 ton rated brakes and need a 1 ton rated master (bigger).
2) Alcan - not on the shelf and not cheap, but they know springs and can make them to your specs.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
My 0.02 (and that's what it worth)
1) You have 1 ton rated brakes and need a 1 ton rated master (bigger).
2) Alcan - not on the shelf and not cheap, but they know springs and can make them to your specs.

alcan just makes leaf springs. We 4-linked the rear and are using coil springs which is what Peter is talking about. The front suspension is 40 series leaf springs and pretty much sorted.

cruisermatt

Un-manufacturable
Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
It did drive out of the shop and back in today which is always a win in my opinion.
here is a pic of the lower link mount/skid I built which is a lot of steel packed into a small space, I’m quite happy with how it came out.

2nd pic is sitting on stock Gladiator rear coil springs, it looks decent in the pic but in person its about 2-2.5” too low out back

B4741C68-A364-45C5-9EB0-94F4423F1D5B.jpeg

F9A3F801-2450-4C56-89B2-6AEA2A89A023.jpeg

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
What is the frame height? I know a few people with linked rears that are coiled, but their springs would probably only work based on frame height.

workingdog

GOLD Star
The links really work well in this setup. Geometry seems good, little roll steer, reasonable anti-squat, and lots and lots of beautiful travel. But, there were so many things limiting travel. You only have so much room for shocks, and half has to be body, so in 21", there's only so much travel possible. But, as Matt pointed out, with a 23 3/4" drive shaft, down travel is severely limited. We were changing coils and it popped apart. So, we're still not sure how much actual travel we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom