Take Death Trap to the next level (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What did the exhaust shop say about my 1 hour exhaust build quality :lol:
And yes, Atf dumping on a exhaust pipe will smoke a LOT

Keep at it, this thing is going to be so awesome once it's dialed!

Update. Transmission still overheats. It takes a long time to get to 150 and sits there, then rises to 180, and once it hits 180, it just keeps going over 200. I've done everything I can think of. So, I think it's got to back to the transmission guy to see if there's an issue with flow - filter plugged, solenoid not working, who knows.

Son has been driving the 40 while home from school for thanksgiving. We put it up on the lift and tightened everything down to see if we can't find the remaining leaks. On the way to a friends, the 40 caught fire. The hose clamp on the transmission line I'd tightened was apparently on the barb too far back and spit off. So, now I have a burnt O2 sensor harness and a singed section of the tail harness that are both really hard to get to. The goal post moves farther away. I'm going to take all the funky old fittings out and convert to AN all over.

That sucks, but AN will safe forever.

I wanted to update on the sway bars. To summarize, I'd shortened up on the anti-rock sway bars to the max to try to reduce body roll. but, the body roll problem turned out to be a suspension roll center problem. With that fixed, I did not ease up on the sway bars. We were experiencing very 'tight' steering. If you turned a little, it would dive farther into the turn on you, and it was unpredictable going around longer turns.

I eased the anti-rocks to one hole from the end, so about 4" more leverage, and it really eased up the front end with only slightly increasing the body roll.

My interpretation is that, the rear end was so tight, that when we turned, the rear wanted to roll, but couldn't, and that force was translated back to the front end in more turning. Now, the rear end is 'loose' enough to allow the front to do it's job.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom