Sun Visors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just completed this sun visor swap with the 70 series units.

Ordered from partsouq as detailed previously. Only hiccup in ordering was one of the visors was temporarily out of stock, so they shipped just one, and only charged for one.
Didn't catch that at first. To their credit they sent a follow up email notifying the other visor was back in stock....I had to go back and re-order and pay again. So I got to pay shipping twice, from Dubai. :bang: Otherwise, easy process with fedex tracking updates.

I'll add one more PRO TIP: the shaft of the visor arm has a keyed bump stop stamped into it, it must be rotated to the right spot in order for it to slide out of the internal mechanism. Didn't know that and kinda ham fisted forced one of my old visors apart, glad I didn't do that to one of the new visors. Pic:
image.jpeg

Cleaned up the old visor arms, applied some of the grease that was on the new arms...which will get on the visor material where it slides in. Needs clean up. Screwed everything together, adjusted the tension screw and Bam!...new OEM visors!
As mentioned before, the color is spot on to the headliner and would match even better if your headliner is actually clean. The only difference is the new visors are a textured vinyl and our headliners are that soft cloth.
And you lose the tiny vanity mirror on the pass. side, I hope your :princess:'s will survive this mod.

Couple comparison shots showing slight differences in size/shape of old v new. The only thing that bugs me a little is the new visors are shorter on the outside edge and don't completely cover the glass in the upper corner. That's the one thing I have always LOVED about the old Cruiser visors. None of my modern car visors cover completely, and the damn late day sun always seems to sit riiiiiiight in that upper corner. Oh well.
This is a fantastic find!! So nice to have these functional and matching again, my driver side was trashed.
image.jpeg

Outside corner...
image.jpeg

I have these on order as well and am waiting for them to come in. Looks like they will be just perfect.

Ordered from partsouq as detailed previously. Only hiccup in ordering was one of the visors was temporarily out of stock, so they shipped just one, and only charged for one.
Didn't catch that at first. To their credit they sent a follow up email notifying the other visor was back in stock....I had to go back and re-order and pay again. So I got to pay shipping twice, from Dubai. :bang: Otherwise, easy process with fedex tracking updates.

I'll add one more PRO TIP: the shaft of the visor arm has a keyed bump stop stamped into it, it must be rotated to the right spot in order for it to slide out of the internal mechanism. Didn't know that and kinda ham fisted forced one of my old visors apart, glad I didn't do that to one of the new visors. Pic:
View attachment 1698785

Cleaned up the old visor arms, applied some of the grease that was on the new arms...which will get on the visor material where it slides in. Needs clean up. Screwed everything together, adjusted the tension screw and Bam!...new OEM visors!
As mentioned before, the color is spot on to the headliner and would match even better if your headliner is actually clean. The only difference is the new visors are a textured vinyl and our headliners are that soft cloth.
And you lose the tiny vanity mirror on the pass. side, I hope your :princess:'s will survive this mod.

Couple comparison shots showing slight differences in size/shape of old v new. The only thing that bugs me a little is the new visors are shorter on the outside edge and don't completely cover the glass in the upper corner. That's the one thing I have always LOVED about the old Cruiser visors. None of my modern car visors cover completely, and the damn late day sun always seems to sit riiiiiiight in that upper corner. Oh well.
This is a fantastic find!! So nice to have these functional and matching again, my driver side was trashed.
View attachment 1698792

Outside corner...
View attachment 1698791

Good share !!

View attachment 1698785

View attachment 1698792

Outside corner...
View attachment 1698791
If I they were to come with hardware.
Would they be a bolt on to an Fj62?
Would they work?

If I they were to come with hardware.
Would they be a bolt on to an Fj62?
Would they work?

Ha....only a couple years ago but seems like I posted that 10 years ago. The 70 series visors are not a direct fit into a 60/62. IIRC, you have to swap out the attachment arms and put the old 60/62 arms in the 70 replacement visors. HTH.

Ha....only a couple years ago but seems like I posted that 10 years ago. The 70 series visors are not a direct fit into a 60/62. IIRC, you have to swap out the attachment arms and put the old 60/62 arms in the 70 replacement visors. HTH.
Yeah, I noticed that. But I still figured you would remember.
Thank you!

And for my final trick !! I will answer the question, "Where did you get these?"

I ordered them from PartSouq.com (not a typo). They are based in the United Arab Emirates. I was a little nervous at first, but they were easy to deal with, priced right (for me), and were original Toyota parts as advertised.

Part Numbers:
- 74310-90K10-08
- 74320-60290-A0

Total cost was out $106.71, included FedEx shipping to Memphis, TN. Arrived in 3 days and had tracking the whole way.

Cheers !!
Thanks for all of the info.
Mine are inbound from the UAE via Partsouq.
Can‘t wait to get rid of the saggy ones in my rig

Thanks for all of the info.
Mine are inbound from the UAE via Partsouq.
Can‘t wait to get rid of the saggy ones in my rig

You will not be disappointed.

Thanks to all the tips in this thread! Just installed the 70 series visors in my ‘88 FJ62. Used the original arms, took maybe 10 minutes for the swap. Such a good match and upgrade to my original sagging visors. Thanks again!

8348F600-FD6A-4CFB-8419-E8ECF01EC9A6.jpeg
419EFE75-D977-4A7A-9BE3-909106F5ADE8.jpeg

Thank so much for this post. I just ordered a set as well. Mine factory visors are in horrible shape

Thanks to all the tips in this thread! Just installed the 70 series visors in my ‘88 FJ62. Used the original arms, took maybe 10 minutes for the swap. Such a good match and upgrade to my original sagging visors. Thanks again!

View attachment 2516132View attachment 2516133
Dang man, interior is looking great! Fresh carpet, and Cruiser Corps covers, I see! Very well done.

Dang man, interior is looking great! Fresh carpet, and Cruiser Corps covers, I see! Very well done.
Thanks! It's been my lockdown activity. Truck was delivered to me first week of March, have been chipping away at it while "working from home"! Hat tip to @dnp for the carpet! Also put in @OTRAMM 's exhaust and rebuilt tranny from Cruiser Brothers. Let's just say my wallet is a bit lighter these days!

This is an older thread I know, but is there a version of these visors that comes in grey? My searches through Partsouq only turned up 'ivory'.

The part numbers I showed above work on a grey interior.
It’s slightly “beighier” but once installed they look dead on.
Thanks so much for the information. I finally got my visors and installed them this weekend. I followed all of the great tips and installed them easily. I spent a little time cleaning up my original arms and screws with the wire and polishing wheel. The results are great and they blend in well.
1626132753885.jpeg

Thanks so much for the information. I finally got my visors and installed them this weekend. I followed all of the great tips and installed them easily. I spent a little time cleaning up my original arms and screws with the wire and polishing wheel. The results are great and they blend in well.
View attachment 2729514
Looks great. I was really happy to swap these for my saggy and worn originals in my 62.

Does anyone know if PartSouq is still the best place to buy these? I carted them and the two visors is $59.89 and shipping is $68.24. Bit of an ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom