Suggested tools for new FJ40 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will need one of these for sure

1661459749475.jpeg

ok

ignore ALL the above post's even mine too please ,

this suggestion below is your #1 purchases , and most important day 1 tool in your BOX !

no kidding here , serious matter at hand

if anyone disagrees , please post your reasons why ?

without thee 2 exact FSM , Field Service Manuals your screwed ..............:confused:

that is straight talk you need to know now and understand

With only kind intentions ,
matt

A6265333-263D-41D8-B391-26778848A44C.jpeg
B7954193-8A09-4D88-AC8A-8AC133048DF9.jpeg
8C354906-261D-4BEA-BF91-E9DB785A04F5.jpeg
17D3CF34-64A0-4E1E-8ECE-2FA19445AB6C.jpeg

Just standard tools, no metric stuff at all. I’ll admit I am not too mechanically inclined, but I do have to willingness to learn.
"These things are super easy to work on."

I heard this statement many times, but honestly it's very true. I would consider myself a novice mechanic at best, with a limited set of tools, and I've done some things that have surprised myself that I could complete the job. You'll learn a lot and really get to know your 40 and what it needs, which will make you better at fixing your own stuff and knowing how things work.

Get yourself a manual and find the resources online and you will be off to a great start. Just start doing things, that's the only way you'll learn. Good luck!

Correct me if I am wrong, but i do not think that the most important one of all has been mentioned yet?

20211124_163350.jpg

And don't forget a good quality grease gun, extra grease and an oil filter wrench. It is handy to have on your workbench a jar of grease, and machine oil... A can or 2 of Brake Kleen and lots of shop towels. A little LED spot lamp that fits on over your head is nice to have as well.

Quality set of Metric tools (sockets, end wrenches) ranging from 6mm → 24mm that has a lifetime warranty from a retail store that is close to you that is also open on Sunday. (Husky, Kobalt, Napa, Craftsman).

54mm hub socket, though a 2-1/8 socket will work well too.

24 inch long 1/2" drive breaker bar

Set of socket adapters

Spiral sockets to help remove rounded off nuts/bolts.

Set of four 6 ton jack stands.

2 ton floor jack.

Digital Multi-meter

Vessel Tool set of JIS specific screw drivers.

Seal driver set.

Last edited:
Get a multimeter and test light, or spend big and get a power probe. A lot of PO's messed with the wiring and that will put a stop to the fun real fast.
Dyno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom