Subwoofer, factory location/hidden (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Forgot to follow up on my install. Worked great with the CV VPAS10. Much more bass than I was expecting, but it certainly isn't a tuned system. Some frequencies go by the wayside while some really come alive. Still 1000x better than before.
20201022_173316.jpg

20201022_173312.jpg

20201022_175930.jpg

Was originally going to make it ignition hot, but the auto-on feature only drew tiny TINY amounts of power (less than 10 mA) so I decided to leave it battery hot.
You can see my big chonky 8AWG coming out of the battery hot side (top 6 circuits are battery hot with 2 being switched relays, bottom 6 are ign hot with a giant relay turning the entire buss on at once)
20201029_090410.jpg

Forgot to follow up on my install. Worked great with the CV VPAS10. Much more bass than I was expecting, but it certainly isn't a tuned system. Some frequencies go by the wayside while some really come alive. Still 1000x better than before.
View attachment 2498589
View attachment 2498590
View attachment 2498591

Was originally going to make it ignition hot, but the auto-on feature only drew tiny TINY amounts of power (less than 10 mA) so I decided to leave it battery hot.
You can see my big chonky 8AWG coming out of the battery hot side (top 6 circuits are battery hot with 2 being switched relays, bottom 6 are ign hot with a giant relay turning the entire buss on at once)
View attachment 2498593
I may have missed it but did you use any of the factory wiring?
Thx

I may have missed it but did you use any of the factory wiring?
Thx
The only factory wiring was a single wire in the harness that wasn't being used that used to turn on the factory sub, I used that as the trigger from the aftermarket head unit to the sub to turn on. Everything else was 100% custom.

As I mentioned in the email, since it's a 2D flat-pattern dxf, it probably won't help as much as you were hoping for a 3D print...but I'm looking forward to seeing the results!
If you're willing to share the dxf file, I'd love to check it out in Solidworks! Thanks in advance!

I'd love a copy as well if it's possible - I've the whole hog bracket, but this looks more substantial and can handle a 10" driver.

PM sent requesting the DXF file. Thank you

Im not sure if i ever posted my solution. Used a @NLXTACY wits’ end quarter panel mount to mount the VPAS10 and my speaker amp. Had to modify it to be able to wire my amp but it has worked great. Cheaper than what fab guys in my area wanted to make the mount in this thread. Can’t really put the trim panel back though as it rattles.
3950ECD2-782D-4657-B2FF-76550904D109.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom