Builds Stretched 1-Ton FJ40 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This used accelerator pedal from a 2008 corvette arrived. The bracket is steel so this should be a snap to modify and install. I think that two pins on the connector are swapped from the Escalade for some reason so I’ll have to pull up a Vette wiring diagram to sort that out. This might wait a few weeks as I may jump on the fuel tank mockup so that I can get measurements to RCI. It looks like it’s arts and crafts with cardboard this weekend.

IMG_0892.jpeg

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

Last edited:
Curious what the est cost for RCI custom tank as I need one similar ?

The 4x4 light decided to start working on its own. ✅

Maybe I should leave this thing alone more often. It seems to have some gremlins that it is working out. The brake light switch was turning on the parking lights before, and that is now fixed, too. I assumed that it was a ground problem, for which I did nothing about 😂

image.jpg

Here is a closeup. @Firemedic831, you need one of these ☺️
IMG_0895.jpeg

Last edited:
Funny i wonder what it really cost per mile ? if i included cost of build . Cost of Trip . Tire wear . Trailer tires ( you know you are going to get a trailer flat regardless of how far you are going ) I think its better to not think about this stuff . I dont think i even have 100 miles on my 40

Funny i wonder what it really cost per mile ? if i included cost of build . Cost of Trip . Tire wear . Trailer tires ( you know you are going to get a trailer flat regardless of how far you are going ) I think its better to not think about this stuff . I dont think i even have 100 miles on my 40
Yeah, don’t even think about it. I think I was getting about 6-8 mpg off-road with the 5.7 Vortec, we’ll see how bad the 6.0 is, likely far worse. Oh well

Yeah, don’t even think about it. I think I was getting about 6-8 mpg off-road with the 5.7 Vortec, we’ll see how bad the 6.0 is, likely far worse. Oh well
Admittedly I favor day trips to camping, but I’m impressed with my 5.3 trail mileage. It’s still nothing to write home about, but it’s never that bad. While the fool injection is the big contributing factor, I think the ease of starting is a big thing as well. With it just being a flick of the key to start, I rarely idle anymore. Easier to hear people talking too…

Yeah, I can worry about fuel mileage later. Here are what I think will be my final dimensions. I still need to figure out where I can fit my filler and fuel pump.

View attachment 3566756

View attachment 3566758
I updated my measurements above and I added recessed areas for the exhaust pipes. I’m not sure if they will do this or if I’ll have to add them in later but I need these to sneak the pipes in between the springs and the tank.

IMG_0936.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_0934.jpeg

IMG_0931.jpeg

IMG_0932.jpeg

Id bet theyll make whatever you want, but the price tag just keeps going up the more you add. Gonna be sharp when its in for sure!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom