Spring spacer install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh you have an LX with AHC? Then none of this works for you. There are ways to lift the AHC by tricking the sensors.

My intention with the spacers would be to alleviate pressure off of my shocks, so it does serve a purpose with the AHC. Are you just saying it wouldn't lift the rear of the truck if it has AHC?

My intention with the spacers would be to alleviate pressure off of my shocks, so it does serve a purpose with the AHC. Are you just saying it wouldn't lift the rear of the truck if it has AHC?

Yes using a spacer will not lift an LX. Cranking the t bars won’t lift the front either. Yes they can function as a way to alleviate pressure in the system but I have no personal experience. A search can help you a ton with that.

Yes using a spacer will not lift an LX. Cranking the t bars won’t lift the front either. Yes they can function as a way to alleviate pressure in the system but I have no personal experience. A search can help you a ton with that.

Thanks. Hopefully someone else in this thread can answer. Search was what led me here. Just need to know if the 30mm spacers on an LX will lift the rear of the truck.

Thanks. Hopefully someone else in this thread can answer. Search was what led me here. Just need to know if the 30mm spacers on an LX will lift the rear of the truck.
No it will not, please see the response (#14) from @PADDO. The reason for LX owners to use the 30mm spacers is to lower the pressures in the AHC system and get a smoother ride, like factory after the AHC lift. I ordered mine today from Dobinson's (SLEE was sold out)...

No it will not, please see the response (#14) from @PADDO. The reason for LX owners to use the 30mm spacers is to lower the pressures in the AHC system and get a smoother ride, like factory after the AHC lift. I ordered mine today from Dobinson's (SLEE was sold out)...
Ended up replacing the springs with KTRS-79s with no spacers to alleviate pressure. Would recommend to anyone looking to lower AHC pressure without changing the ride characteristics very much. I suppose that it could smooth your ride out if your pressures were severely high, but that has not been my experience. If anything the KTRS springs have stiffened the ride - albeit to a degree that is difficult to notice. I mainly wanted to get more mileage out of an aging AHC system, especially when the car is loaded down.

I've been hesitant to replace my springs with Kings because of reports that it firms up the ride substantially. Does anyone else have feedback on the Kings springs in an AHC setup?

I've been hesitant to replace my springs with Kings because of reports that it firms up the ride substantially. Does anyone else have feedback on the Kings springs in an AHC setup?
My two cents, YMMV.
I love the Kings. '06 LX470 with functioning AHC.
I bought and installed last summer. I have a single drawer with tools in the back (maybe 100 lbs), and often tow a cargo trailer (estimated at 3500 lbs). The original springs weren't handling the additional load very well and often would squat to Low height and not cycle to Normal or even High modes when I had my trailer hooked up. The new Kings fix that problem. Ride is very nice even without the trailer. I would not say it is harse by any means. One of the best upgrades I've done.

I went with OME 864’s which give 2.5” of lift with +400# constant load rating. I have drawers, fridge, water tank, bumper, spare carrier etc. I love the ride.

What does everyone do with the factory rubber isolators? They don't seem to fit with the 30mm spacers I have, so are the spacers simply replacing that isolator? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

They add ~2mm to spacers. But don't fit with most spacers. So yes remove if in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom