This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there anyone in the Denver area that can help me out? I don’t have $400+ for a Safari and I understand it needs some modifications to mount with the antenna. I bought it for my wife for Christmas and I’m sure I could make it work. I’ve had 4 strokes this year and getting out of bed is an accomplishment. My Volvo mechanic took one look and said it wouldn’t fit because the trim level was too high and it would hit the antenna. It’s actually because the world market didn’t have antennas where U.S. models do.

Anyway, thanks for your consideration, I appreciate it all.

Thanks,
Brad

4 strokes....jesus. I thought my broken pelvis and femur was a big hit...Best Wishes for continued recovery.

As to the snorkel, I can't help other than to say that if the snorkel doesn't already have the "notch" to work
around the base of the antenna, I've read that people use a correct diameter copper pipe in a vice to melt
the notch into the snorkel by heating it up and pressing the snorkel against it in the right place at the right angle.

You might want to check with Rising Sun (Clubhouse here on Mud or on their forum) to see if you can
get some localized help.

Good Luck!

Yeah,I’ll have to do that. In the old days I would have done it myself. But now I have limited mobility in my right arm and walk with a cane, it’s very frustrating when you’re only 40!

Just be thankful for the little things. I can’t drive, walk, or do much involving my hands! If you can do those things, be glad! I made $175000 a year and was taking on the world, then from out of nowhere……..

The Chinesium knowckoff I bought was a copy of Safari and it has a cutout for the antenna. I think all LHD 100 series has the antenna on the right fender. Toyota said antenna is the best to have a good reception so they even have a traditional antenna on 2024 LC 250.

Do you have a link or a picture of the snorkel? I did mine for the first time and it went well. You'll ned small set of file to make the opening at the A-pilar.

Snorkel Kit System Compatible For 1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser, 1998-2007 Lexus LX470 Offroad High Mount Tube Pipe Offroad Water Crossing https://a.co/d/85Dy5nS

Just bought a new antenna. Do you know what cheapo would fit?

Sorry about your health issues. That’s a lot to deal with. Not to dissuade you from the task at hand but why do you want/need a snorkel? Apologies in advance for my curiosity.

Wife likes the look, she used to have a Taco on 35s I built, her late father gave the truck to her. We sold that and got this, I told her she could make it her own. It serves little purpose, I guess it’ll sound kinda cool, but it’s mainly just for looks.

Not snorkel related, but you might find some inspiration if you can find a copy of the documentary, The Brain That Changes Itself, and the book by the same name. Norman Doodge, MD, is the author. You might find some very helpful and encouraging information in them. “The Brain’s Way of Healing ,” is another great book. The video that goes with it is titled, “Changing Your Mind.” The Canadian Broadcasting Company (Corporation?) owns the videos. You may have to contact them to get access to them.

I do really appreciate the words of encouragement, that’s honestly very nice. But, with all due respect, can someone please tell me what snorkel I need? I’m very grateful for all the kind posts, but I need to know what snorkel to order, I haven’t looked at the rig myself as its a lot of work

Thanks,
Brad

I think we all had the impression you had already bought a Safari. The eBay or Amazon specials are actually just fine for this, and normally don’t need modification for the antenna.
Snorkel Kit Compatible For 1998-2007 Toyota Lexus LX470 Land Cruiser 100 Series Rolling Head OffRoad 4x4 4x2 4WD https://a.co/d/bBTY8Rb

Please check this.

On Amazon

Snorkel Kit Compatible For 1998-2007 Toyota Lexus LX470 Land Cruiser 100 Series Rolling Head OffRoad 4x4 4x2 4WD

on Ebay
Desert air Snorkel Kit For 1998-2007 Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series Lexus LX470

I have this version installed. It does extend the lifespan of the air filter.

Last edited:
Sorry for any confusion, I appreciate all posts, Nissanh, is this the one you have?

Correct. Just to ensure it has a cut out for the antenna, check with the seller. Mine is exactly that. Look for similar items on ebay/amazon and get the best deal. When I bought mine it was like $90 shipped. Search 100 series landcruiser snorkel on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom