Spring loaded nightmare! Pig bat-signal deployed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Am prototyping a rear glass gear that @fj55-100 3D printed. Fits like a glove, had to remove the odd spacer that lived under the stock broken gear. It spins the worm gear seemingly perfectly. Oddly now that I have it together the arms travel very smoothly. But only thru about 25% travel then they stop (and I can hear the new gear grinding). I do not believe it’s the mesh between the new gear and the worm gear. I’m kinda stumped, next step is to, sadly, pull the motor without the arms clamped. I’m sure I can get the timing correct later (😬) not sure I can do it with getting mangled by the spring tension. Any ideas?

971D8F54-7417-4FBD-B678-9C47F7CC4F53.jpeg

0C30A406-4CFA-4BF0-B8DC-5B32EA9965C4.jpeg

4C938FA9-AF28-4CC3-AE60-CC9A085EE54C.jpeg

Did it hang up while in the tailgate, connected to the window or on the bench? Same spot each time?

Did it hang up while in the tailgate, connected to the window or on the bench? Same spot each time?
On the bench. Same place each time. As In the last pic. Basically goes “up” from the location in the picture about 3-4” then stops dead. You can hear the motor still trying, no joy.

From your picture I believe your maxed! Window is in full upright position! I think?

@ERNRAM is right. Nice catch👍🏼
Yes, it does go beyond the gears in the “up” direction (down in the picture cuz of how I have it clamped in to the vice.). So going down “up” in the pics, it just goes a few inches and gets stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom