split case value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I got this package dropped off at my door Monday. Opened it yesterday.

Case was apparantly shipped without bolts.:rolleyes: Not sure if it was even assembled when it was put into the box.

Anyhow, everything has moved around in there. There are a lot of metal shavings on the gears and gouges inside the case. Most are cosmetic, but a few might raise concern.

Now the case is at my doorstep, in this condition, I am conflicted. So I figured I'd just look for some imput.

One, would you buy this case for your own rig? Two, what would you expect to pay for a case in THIS condition [as opposed to a low-mileage, clean case]. TIA for your imput.

First pic [the way I found the box]
split01.JPG

One close up pic with shavings on the output, gouges on the idler thrust surface and PTO side of the case:
split04.JPG

Man that is a bummer Mark. It looks as though it was probably fine prior to shipping and that it just wasn't packed very well or handled poorly with the shipping company. You have been doing this longer than I have and more than likely already have some issues with the case and the surfaces that may not be salvagable. As far as value I would say it is probably good for most parts and worth $150-175.

clint

I would think the thrust bearing surface would not be a problem since there is nothing rotating on that surface anyway. I would still use it if i had to.

The t-case will most probably work just fine with a little clean up. The value will certainly be reduced though. I would put it up for $100-$150.

Dynosoar:zilla:

P.S. DHL has a bunch of gorillas working for them they treat their cargo like s***!!!!!! (I don't know if Mark's package was delivered by DHL or not, but I have a good guess!)

So many users in this forum, so little imput. Jason? Jim? Andy?

Hopefully it's not because it's ME asking the questions...... instead of answering them.

:)

shoulda been packaged better to start IMOP and if teh internals are good i would only personally pay 50-90 ish just to have the spares....

That looks like its really the sellers fault for not packing it correctly. I wouldn't worry about the shavings, but I would cleanup the thrust surface & see how much contact surface is left. It looks like it would work though.

Not including the bolts and selling as a complete case, just solidifes that the seller is incompetent or an a******.

So many users in this forum, so little imput. Jason? Jim? Andy?

Hopefully it's not because it's ME asking the questions...... instead of answering them.
Sorry, i was... umm... occupied.:idea:

I would not pay anything beyond the shipping to have that pile of scrap metal sent to me. Great, now I have a box of random T-case parts. Not a complete, unmolested case that can be quickly rebuilt & installed in a customer truck.

A little harsh, but that's business.

The 'tard that shipped it coulda at least put some cheep-ass bolts in there to bolt it together...............

bad seller! bad seller! sit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom