Split case PTO value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have come across a small pile of PTO boxes here in Japan for the split case. At least one has forward as well as reverse. What kind of value do these have. I'm of the mind to grab a spare or 2.

Pete

I'd be interested in one of the forward/reverse ones, especially if it has the shifter assembly too.

I know it's got to be worth the cost of some hub caps. If it's a forward/reverse with shift linkage even more

They guy has at least 3 and I'm not sure what I can get them for. His prices are generally high and with $$ to Yen they would end up being expensive. My guess is in the $600 range.

As far as the linkages go the one that I saw still attached had the later 40/60/70 series type knob with the push button lock.

Pete

I've got one (MAYBE a second) that I will get around selling one of these days.

I was going to ask $650 shipped (I do have the lever and linkage, but no brackets for the lever to mate to an H55f or H4x), so I think you're in the right ballpark. A forward/reverse PTO gearbox is definitely worth more IMHO. I wish I had one.

I looked for 3 years or so to find mine, so I know how much of a pain they are to find and import. $600 each isn't out of the question at all IMHO. We'll see whenever I get around to parting with one if I'm right or not...

Dan

$600 would be a hard sell. I believe Cruiser_Guy was selling a complete PTO winch setup out of a 60 series that was split case transfer. I bought one a few years back that was from a later 6X series with a A440F and it came with the linkage with that push button. Bolted up perfect to the spare A440F/split transfer case I have.

DAMN , there expensive over there you can pickup a complete pto winch setup for 500-700 here in aus, i recently sold a pto drive for $125 on ebay have seen them sell from, $75-$150

DAMN , there expensive over there you can pickup a complete pto winch setup for 500-700 here in aus, i recently sold a pto drive for $125 on ebay have seen them sell from, $75-$150

Well $600 is a bit over the top. I think just the box (if it had forward and reverse) would be a $250 item. $350-400 with the shifter ass'y.

IMO.

Well $600 is a bit over the top. I think just the box (if it had forward and reverse) would be a $250 item. $350-400 with the shifter ass'y.

IMO.

Agreed.

Splangy said:
Yup, I've seen them on here in the $200-$300 range when they go for sale.

I would have killed for one in that range.

I looked at buying the complete PTO setup just to get that box, but shipping is a killer.

We'll see whenever I get around to selling mine. I'm of course in no hurry, but I have no doubt that $450 would sell it in a day or two judging from others that have sold here.

Dan

I paid $300 plus shipping for mine that included the shifter that was a direct bolt on. Got it here on Mud.

If someone in OZ could find some of these cheap enough and ship them to the US I know they would sell. $600 would be a hard sell. I would mind switching my 79 to a later transmission and transfer case I have but want a PTO. The one I have will stay with the A440F.

Well I thought $600 would be a bit steep. It is a worst case senario guess based on the guy's other pricing, The $$ to Yen being what it is...... The guy is coming over next week for a trade so I'll ask then what the best he could do if I bought a lot of them. If it seems doable I'll check in again ti see if anyone needs one. Trading for other stuff may be the way to beat the $/Yen rate issue.

I'll report back....

Pete

At least on had both outputs.

Pete

Got a few of those in the spare parts collection, both trucks have got forward reverse PTO's and I've got 2 forward reverse and 2 single direction PTO's in the spares. The forward reverse ones are always the hard ones to get your hands on and they usually want big money when there for sale :crybaby:

PTOs.jpg

Hey Sadam ,,,, pm sent.

his box is full......................this is what I got

haha sorry mate I'm at the other side of the world and keep them as spares[/QUOTE]

he must not be acquainted with modern day shipping means:meh:

ha ha:lol:

Though the forward/reverse box is harder to get and sought after I think the forwared only box is probably going to last way longer. The idler gear is on a bushing (not bearings) and the forward/reverse box is always turning when the tranny is. My box showed some wear on that bushing (NLA)..... And I kinda wondered if that might be why Toyota reverted back to the single speed.

I should probably pick up a spare......

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom