Sourcing a second battery tray for an 80. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TONS of information everywhere on mud about installing dual batteries on an 80 so I’m not trying to offend anyone lol. I just Wanted to see if anyone knew the best place to source a dual battery tray. I see that slee has them (175 bucks) and I have already talked to Toyota (quoted me 200 bucks lol) and I considered searching some junkyards for an FJ80 due to the main battery being mounted on the opposite side. (3fe) looking to see what some other people use. Hard to justify spending 200 bucks on an tray unless there’s no other option. Already ordered the washer relocation kit and a key line battery isolator. We just installed a dual battery set up for my buddy who is using a fridge in his 4runner and it went great. Such a useful upgrade. I know there is threads everywhere but this is for the battery tray itself and where to find a deal. Appreciate it

Here's a list of parts. You can probably get it all for about $100 from you favorite low price Toyota parts source.

I went with Slee because the kit comes with the bracket to move the washer fluid bottle as well as new battery hold downs. Overall thought the price was fair for what you get.
I didn’t realize it came with the bracket even though I bought it years ago. That’s a good price for the set up I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom