Some guy wants to buy my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate everyones feedback even some of the crazier ideas lol. I told the guy that i would need $20k to move it and he declined! Looks like the 80 will be in the fleet for the foreseeable future! He has an FJ that he currently drives and it is tricked out. He offered to trade me and throw money my way but I'm not interested in all that. Cheers!

Might just be a cultural thing- Aus vs. U.S.
Maybe partly

I had people ask if I'd sell my beaten up 105 series.
It was a subtly built up sleeper, wheeling/DD rig.
Not a straight panel on it. For an ordinary looking rig, it was a real conversion starter.

I always figured the people asking thought they were going get a bargain

Our 40 has the highest fun factor, hands down. Well, in the current fleet.
With just a bikini top, it requires a certain amount of resilience, though. As in, it has the most air conditioning ever - you just can’t set the temperature nor the air volume / speed… Suspension articulation equals that of a shopping cart, thank God for aired-down 315s. Listening to music while driving - yes, but it better be loud. On the trail - lock the rear end and the truck will get a mind of its own: it’ll square itself up to obstacles no matter the sophisticated angle you intended for the approach. The driving feedback is much more raw than from either of our 80s, but did I mention it’s fun?

The 80s are of course much more refined, point & shoot machines on the trails, with creature comforts on the way to, on, and back from the trails. And practical for more mundane purposes other than ‘wheeling. But I’m glad we have the 40 in the stable.

A 40 can be pretty comfortable if you make some modifications. Air conditioning, quiet exhaust, 3.70 diff gears, and nice leaf springs can make a 40 really nice to drive. My last 80 on 37s took 110% of your attention at highway speed just as my 40 on 35s does. My 80 on 32" tires and stock height coils is no sweat at highway speed.

Might just be a cultural thing- Aus vs. U.S.
I doubt it.

I suspect it is more regional or local cultural norms and personalities.

I have done that and to the best of my recollection have never heard of anyone around me, that I know doing that.

I have privately contacted people that put "feelers" out on this site talking about selling letting them know I may be interested if they do decide to sell, but that's the closest I've gotten.

I wouldn't consider approaching someone and asking what they'd sell their vehicle to me for. It seems rude and intrusive to me.

I closed the thread rather than deleted it. It has played out more like a classified ad rather than tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom