Some guy wants to buy my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
An acquaintance i know told my friend he wanted to buy my 80. My buddy knows i love it but have been looking at 40's. Anyhow, he asked me what I'd need to sell it to his friend. I told him I'd think on it. The vehicle is/has:

Cloth
204,xxx miles
Triple locked
I did the Delta combo with the Icon 2.5's, radius arms, brackets/brake lines, etc
35 inch Maxxis Creepy Crawlers
Tom woods double cardan drive shaft
Marlin Crawler tie rods/drag link etc
Black Rhino Warlord wheels

Mechanically it's got a new optima battery
New hoses
Phh done
New belts
New starter
New alternator
New fluids through out

Bad:
D/s door has a small ding
Small ding on bumper
Small ding on passenger side headlight
Paint is peeling
Black rubber material by windows is breaking

It has been deflaired. Runs great, no issues. Though i know the HG is lurking and it will need attention on the birfs soon, i can't think of anything else it will need. Everything else is solid.
I love this rig, but i find myself taking the rzr offroad more, and I've been dying to get a 40. What do you all think she us worth? No rust at all. Will i regret selling it for a 40?

20210513_171249.jpg

How to post a forsale ad in tech, without posting a forsale ad in tech . . .
Not going to sell it on this website tbh. I'd rather just do it with the guy i know and can give me cash.

………..Will i regret selling it for a 40?
Depends on your usage. Are you single or do you have a family? An 80 is the best “all around“ Land Cruiser made. Earlier models were great for off road ruggedness and later models are more road comfy. But you can’t beat the 80 for doing almost everything well, especially for a family.

$20K
No seriously

Depends on your usage. Are you single or do you have a family? An 80 is the best “all around“ Land Cruiser made. Earlier models were great for off road ruggedness and later models are more road comfy. But you can’t beat the 80 for doing almost everything well, especially for a family.
Wife and two kids. My daughter will be driving soon, but i have a 4runner already for her. Honestly i usually only take it if i have a need for the jump seats. It's not getting driven much like i had originally figured. I think once i get on trails, i worry about it too much hence the rzr usage. Then again, my concern is regretting selling it, but will the 40 scratch that itch?

Sh** wait.
No grill and no front bumper, with no winch... $14k ask, $11k sell.
I have the grill, i was actually trying to fab a custom one lol. The rest...nope

Wife and two kids. My daughter will be driving soon, but i have a 4runner already for her. Honestly i usually only take it if i have a need for the jump seats. It's not getting driven much like i had originally figured. I think once i get on trails, i worry about it too much hence the rzr usage. Then again, my concern is regretting selling it, but will the 40 scratch that itch?
It may, but it won’t be any cheaper to maintain and build.

It may, but it won’t be any cheaper to maintain and build.
While that is a factor, like you said, it's probably going to be in the same ball park. I need to drive a 40 i think before i can really make a determination. I just really love the design and look. I love taking the 80 off road, but i don't quite get the excitement of it like i used to.

Do you worry about denting and scratching the 80? Or worried about having to repair it?
Or just think it's too valuable to scratch?

Would you feel differently about a 40?

I don't think a 40 is any cheaper? And harder to find parts for
I only worry about it when im really taking it to harder places which is kind of the idea of owning it. If i got the 40, i wouldn't take it to the same hard places i would take my 80.

my concern is regretting selling it, but will the 40 scratch that itch?
Just a data point...
A 40 is a vomitbox compared to the 80.
Like the 2-door Wrangler in terms of offroad ride quality, a 40 will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom