SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (5 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Managed to source and install all 7 OEM brake lines and the busted hard line. Still missing a couple locking clips which should be in tomorrow morning (of course the old clips from the old aftermarket lines didn't fit). A full flush and bleed and then all I have to do is actually pack. Gettin there.

Anybody been to Canyons of the Ancients? We’re going Sunday and Monday and have never been. Good spots to hike around? Good places for non-crowded dispersed camping? Anybody going to be out that way?

A few years ago my wife and I joined some friends for an 11-mile loop hike that was great. Shorter loops are available in that same area. We started from the south end of the Sand Canyon Trail, then cut over (0.7 miles) and did the north and west sides of the East Rock Creek Trail, and back to the trailhead (1.2 miles). Here's a map:

We've never been to other parts of the monument except the Visitor Center and Museum, which is nice.

Made the 1300 mile trek! Currently in Pagosa Springs, CO visiting family and doing some last minute checks and fluid swaps on the 87’. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
12B7472A-BC1D-4C1A-A703-A46A1A75368C.jpeg
42F556DD-584E-4E89-A090-91BFC07D718A.jpeg

Good to hear Tucker. Looking at your gauges…a very rare sight…at least on mine, doing hiway speed AND fuel gauge more than 1/2.😊. How does this even happen??

Good to hear Tucker. Looking at your gauges…a very rare sight…at least on mine, doing hiway speed AND fuel gauge more than 1/2.😊. How does this even happen??
You want to see a rare sight? I had a good stretch of road with a slight down hill near Green River, UT. A happy 2F and 5 speed combo.

F0818E8C-12B5-46B9-BF88-3D4D9166EF7C.jpeg

(Yes my speedo is accurate) at about 2600 RPMs in 5th gear

@Rockymtnreaper that is rare indeed. 85mph and only 2600 rpms. The value of the 5 speed.👍

As those of you travel to Ouray who are on the road now or soon will be the SAS staff wishes you safe travels. Remember that we are a community and if anyone is having any issues they can post up and someone will be willing to help. It's what we do.
Also post pics of your Journey along the way.
Have a great day and see you knuckleheads on Sunday if not sooner.
Casey..

For those who arrive Saturday and want to do some mild wheeling/sightseeing on Sunday, Kay and I are planning on driving from US 550 near Ironton, up Corkscrew Pass, then down the "middle" road through Gladstone and down to Silverton. Of all the times we've been to the San Juans, going back to 1986, we've never been to Gladstone before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom