SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (1 Viewer)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still have a KOA spot available to swap to someone… otherwise I’m going to cancel it. It’s site 29 in the SAS area.

We will be in 47 D, checked with KOA office. see you Sun!
I just talked to them after trying everyday for a week now. I asked what site I had and they said it is assigned when you check in unless you pay $20. I said let's pay then. She looked up my reservation and said that the system already had a site assigned to me. So I asked what site it was and she said she couldn't tell me unless I paid the $20. After a little sweet talk, I did manage to get her to tell me that it is in the 40s.

All - I've some family things that have come up that won't let me attend as planned. Pretty bummed having put work into getting the truck and myself ready. Will be there in spirit.

I have a KOA site available to take over from me:

8/1 - 8/6: Site #009. Tent site with water and electricity. [Site # is confirmed, seeing the recent chatter.]

Please reach out directly if interested in doing a transfer and $98 reservation deposit already paid. I'll update this message when a transfer is completed.

Transferring your KOA reservation correct?
All - I've some family things that have come up that won't let me attend as planned. Pretty bummed having put work into getting the truck and myself ready. Will be there in spirit.

I have a KOA site available to take over from me:

8/1 - 8/6: Site #009. Tent site with water and electricity. [Site # is confirmed, seeing the recent chatter.]

Please reach out directly to transfer and $98 reservation deposit already paid. I'll update this message when a transfer is completed.

I hear ya, Klaus. Button pushers are over their heads.

Let's see who has the most vehicles' parts integrated into one truck... I think I'm at 7. Next owner has their hands full.

I think ol' @CenTXFJ60 may have the honor with his Frankenstein 60 build that will be present as always.
I hear ya, Klaus. Button pushers are over their heads.

Let's see who has the most vehicles' parts integrated into one truck... I think I'm at 7. Next owner has their hands full.

I went to the parts store today to get an oil filter... "I need an LF16097 or equivalent." "Whats it for?" "That's not gonna do you any good, better just look it up." 🤣
Every time. “Look kid, some guy on a forum told me that this weird Volvo part solves a problem for my ancient Toyota truck, can you just look up the part?”

90% of the parts I get that are for my 60 - according to the parts store database - are wrong anyway.

I think ol' @CenTXFJ60 may have the honor with his Frankenstein 60 build that will be present as always.
Ha…it’s somewhere in the low teens if you count things like the wire harness and seats. Body, frame and mechanical are at least 10ish cruisers. Best I can recall they are all 60, 61 & 62 parts. Oh wait…some 4runner and 80 parts as well. Might round it off at 15ish different trucks in my roller :). And we are getting an early start to SAS. It’s 6:30 AM on Wednesday and I’m at the place where it all starts for us here in TX. Unfortunately I have to fly to Boston for a work meeting but will be back here Friday night. And Casey’s sweet rig is hiding right behind mine.
F3EF0A62-0D64-4664-9E6F-2EA7A05DDFF9.jpeg

Oh man, I wish I was there with you guys.
still getting my truck ready.

Ha…it’s somewhere in the low teens if you count things like the wire harness and seats. Body, frame and mechanical are at least 10ish cruisers. Best I can recall they are all 60, 61 & 62 parts. Oh wait…some 4runner and 80 parts as well. Might round it off at 15ish different trucks in my roller :). And we are getting an early start to SAS. It’s 6:30 AM on Wednesday and I’m at the place where it all starts for us here in TX. Unfortunately I have to fly to Boston for a work meeting but will be back here Friday night. And Casey’s sweet rig is hiding right behind mine. View attachment 2743581
But it’s purdy!!!!

Ha…it’s somewhere in the low teens if you count things like the wire harness and seats. Body, frame and mechanical are at least 10ish cruisers. Best I can recall they are all 60, 61 & 62 parts. Oh wait…some 4runner and 80 parts as well. Might round it off at 15ish different trucks in my roller :). And we are getting an early start to SAS. It’s 6:30 AM on Wednesday and I’m at the place where it all starts for us here in TX. Unfortunately I have to fly to Boston for a work meeting but will be back here Friday night. And Casey’s sweet rig is hiding right behind mine. View attachment 2743581
I still owe you a night of beers and short shorts 😆

We are in need of a MUD ship out of the AZ area. Dave Gore @lcwizard is one of our much appreciated sponsors this year and unfortunately not able to make the event. He’s donating a 55”ish bull bar for the raffle and we need to see if anyone coming to SAS can haul it up for us. If you’re able to help out, we will connect you with Dave and y’all can figure out the logistics. Thanks. Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom