SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (3 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sometimes it helps to pick a date or be told when it needs to be done by to make things move faster. I choose SAS5 to get it done by and if I don’t make it I will be really close. If I do make it probably won’t be done done but trail drivable at the least. That is what I am aiming for.

@Zjohnsonua you are right there are different options for fitting the 2uz. I still have a lot of work to do and happy to show what does and doesn’t work as I navigate through the process.

Getting close to having my 60 back together. New engine, transmission and transfercase are in, fuel system is done, wiring is done (less loom covering), engine has been fired up and runs great. Exhaust should be happening today or tomorrow along with getting the radiator back. Hopefully have it at the A/C shop before the end of the week.

If everything goes smoothly with the various outside vendors, we should have it done this weekend.

Having my good friend Dominic working on it has really sped up this whole process.. we started 9 days ago!

20210425_182547.jpg

Very nice Darrell...very, very nice.☕

I’m thinking you will no longer have a need for ‘starter fluid’.👍

I got mine running. Should have the full hard top and A/C done by August.

PXL_20210416_154942521.jpg

Last edited:
I got a nifty little warning letter about a week ago from the city telling me my "Camo Jeep" needed to be off the jackstands by May 10th or they will "take action." Given the other shenanigans going on in my neck of the woods I would usually buck this type of response, but I needed the kick in the pants. Thus far it's resulted in a finished cut and turn, front re-gear and ARB, and a little gusseting. Driveshafts, rear axle swap, brakes, one little linkage, a windshield, and the all important AC are "all" that remains.:rofl:. In all seriousness, I'm pushing like mad to have the whole project to DD status by May 15th.

@Tank5, I'm really looking forward to seeing how our UZ install solutions compare. There were so many little details that could be done differently and still execute well. @ryaneddy16 has one in the works as well so maybe we can shed some light that can help his project.
Is that for your 60 or 80 or something else?

I got a nifty little warning letter about a week ago from the city telling me my "Camo Jeep" needed to be off the jackstands by May 10th or they will "take action." Given the other shenanigans going on in my neck of the woods I would usually buck this type of response, but I needed the kick in the pants. Thus far it's resulted in a finished cut and turn, front re-gear and ARB, and a little gusseting. Driveshafts, rear axle swap, brakes, one little linkage, a windshield, and the all important AC are "all" that remains.:rofl:. In all seriousness, I'm pushing like mad to have the whole project to DD status by May 15th.

@Tank5, I'm really looking forward to seeing how our UZ install solutions compare. There were so many little details that could be done differently and still execute well. @ryaneddy16 has one in the works as well so maybe we can shed some light that can help his project.
Man the city can really make you frustrated!!! Deadlines can help though!

Wrenching with some buds. Verified that my oil pressure is still good in the 40 (right) after been sitting since 2013. Need to rebuild the trans and tcase and fix some wiring. Tuning the carbs on the other 40 and 60

View attachment 2669794
Can’t tell from the pic...is there a hole in the top that your head can stick out of??

I am going to lead an OVERNIGHT WHEELIN'-N-HIKIN' run on the ALPINE LOOP this year on Mon. Aug.2-3 up Engineer pass and stop for photos at Odom point, then on down to Nellie creek road, rated moderate, up 3 or 4 miles on this scenic trail with a few water crossings to a nice camp spot where we will set up, and enjoy a good meal and brews with friends around a campfire. Anyone who wants to hike with me must be up for about a 4-mile (1 way) hike to the summit of Uncompahgre Peak, elevation 14,309 ft! The trail starts out mellow and gradually gets real steep at the end where you must climb over loose rocks on a scree slope for a stretch of a few hundred feet, then the amazing views you only get from the top will take over your senses and the feeling is exhilarating! Hikers must be prepared for high altitude, carry water/electrolytes and snacks, use common sense, know your limits and ultimately be responsible for your own actions! We will rise early for coffee and hit the trail @bout 6 am (sunrise @6:17) to summit around 10 have lunch, take pics, enjoy being on top of the world and head down the trail before any storm clouds threaten. trip down will be faster, 2 - 3 hours back to the trailhead. we will finish on cinnamon pass on through Animas forks, then Silverton for fuel, and back to the KOA. HIKIN' Route total mileage is 7.5, about 5-8 hrs. total trip including stops depending on group pace. elevation gain is 3000 ft.- difficulty rating is class 2 (defined as hiking a steep incline, scrambling, maybe using your hands) Risk factors: exposure, route finding and commitment are all moderate with considerable rockfall potential according to 14ers.com • Uncompahgre Peak | Route Description | South Ridge - https://www.14ers.com/route.php?route=unco1&peak=Uncompahgre+Peak Consider using trekking poles, I do, as well as use sun protection, shade hat /sunglasses and carry a lightweight rain jacket and a small 1st aid kit. This will be a challenging but very enjoyable hike that will create awesome memories!

Gabriel 🚙 🌲🌜🔥
Count me in. I need to get back into knocking 14ers off my list.

Hey fellas a few of you know this story ... but I've had a 14-ft canoe that I bought from a Mud member in Iowa before the pandemic and have been trying to get it out here to Arizona ever since 2019. It's in Cedar Rapids and I'm in Phoenix. Anyone heading out to Colorado, Utah or Arizona this summer for some wheeling.? It's fairly short at 14 feet and only weighs about 50 pounds. I can make it worth your while. Willing to drive significant distance to meet, like Albuquerque, Grand Junction, Salt Lake or Moab etc. And of course, I'll be in Ouray for SAS 5 the first week of August. Any interest please PM me or post up.
Thanks in advance.
1620676718004.png

@samtoddlee just texted you. I should be able to bring it this year.
That's AWESOME Adhil. Stupid pandemic has shut down a lot of pro guys who haul this kind of stuff. Thanks to you I'll have it in time to float Glen Canyon from the dam in Page, AZ down to Lee's Ferry with my older son this fall. the pic is actually below Hoover Dam further downstream on the Colorado. You can canoe about ten miles there from the dam down to Willow Beach. thanks again my friend.

D Nate Hoover Dam Canoing.JPG

That's AWESOME Adhil. Stupid pandemic has shut down a lot of pro guys who haul this kind of stuff. Thanks to you I'll have it in time to float Glen Canyon from the dam in Page, AZ down to Lee's Ferry with my older son this fall. the pic is actually below Hoover Dam further downstream on the Colorado. You can canoe about ten miles there from the dam down to Willow Beach. thanks again my friend.

View attachment 2672353
If it goes south I’m in Kansas City and can do

Wrenching with some buds. Verified that my oil pressure is still good in the 40 (right) after been sitting since 2013. Need to rebuild the trans and tcase and fix some wiring. Tuning the carbs on the other 40 and 60

View attachment 2669794
Butch :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom