SAS Solid Axle Summit #5 Official Thread (7 Viewers)

Color Choices for SAS #5 Shirt and Trail Flags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is anyone planning to, or want to visit Moab before heading to Ouray? Right now I’m planning on making it to SLC on July 26th to finally visit THE museum on the 27th. That puts me being in Moab about 4days (July 28th- Aug 1st).

This is my tentative travel route out there and back:

View attachment 2682076
I’ve thought about doing that but I don’t think the Texas Convoy can manage that early. Something that was brought up by one of the locals when I inquired a while back was that it’s so freaking hot in Moab then. It will be tough. Be sure @cruiserdan knows you’re coming to the museum as they’re not open every day and at least during covid times they were making appointments for visits. Just make sure he’s in town and/or they’re open. I learned the hard way once.

On another note, planning to bring a bottle or 2 of something maybe you don’t have access to (what bourbon....) to SAS. Suggestions?

I’ve thought about doing that but I don’t think the Texas Convoy can manage that early. Something that was brought up by one of the locals when I inquired a while back was that it’s so freaking hot in Moab then. It will be tough. Be sure @cruiserdan knows you’re coming to the museum as they’re not open every day and at least during covid times they were making appointments for visits. Just make sure he’s in town and/or they’re open. I learned the hard way once.

On another note, planning to bring a bottle or 2 of something maybe you don’t have access to (what bourbon....) to SAS. Suggestions?
Good point about checking with @cruiserdan before hand. It would definitely suck to find the place closed as it is just a little bit out of the way. Haha

Yeah, it’s cooking pretty good in Moab in July, but I doesn’t bother me much coming from high 90s and high humidity back home. Definitely less people around then so that’s a plus. Thankfully the 80 has incredible AC too.

Is anyone planning to, or want to visit Moab before heading to Ouray? Right now I’m planning on making it to SLC on July 26th to finally visit THE museum on the 27th. That puts me being in Moab about 4days (July 28th- Aug 1st).

This is my tentative travel route out there and back:

View attachment 2682076
I'd be down to head through moab! We'll be leaving from Salt Lake

Sweet!
We can piddle around on some easy stuff. If we get too hot we can head up onto the La Sals.

Good point about checking with @cruiserdan before hand. It would definitely suck to find the place closed as it is just a little bit out of the way. Haha

Yeah, it’s cooking pretty good in Moab in July, but I doesn’t bother me much coming from high 90s and high humidity back home. Definitely less people around then so that’s a plus. Thankfully the 80 has incredible AC too.
Have done the moab trip before and after

I recommend before, it’s hot hot and nice to cool down in the mountains vs the other way around

that being said, I’m not doing moab in aug anymore, last year was it was pushing 118. To hot to do anything during the day. Yes your close but save moab for fall so you can really enjoy it

also your gonna have to stop by on your way home since your cruising through Kansas City

doors open to you and anyone else needing a lay over spot.

I recommend before, it’s hot hot and nice to cool down in the mountains vs the other way around

that being said, I’m not doing moab in aug anymore, last year was it was pushing 118. To hot to do anything during the day. Yes your close but save moab for fall so you can really enjoy it

also your gonna have to stop by on your way home since your cruising through Kansas City

My daughter and I spent the week in Moab the week before SAS3 and you’re right... It made the temps in Ouray THAT much nicer. Haha.

We set out on little trips early in the morning and really enjoyed ourselves as we are used to being soaked with sweat by 8am due to humidity back home.

Figured out that shady spots with cool rock and a little breeze in the desert is almost like stepping into AC.

2C5C2383-9EAD-4074-8D61-AB435827B8F0.jpeg

It's a "Dry Heat", like what you cook a turkey in..... :rofl:

For those of you on the waitlist, I have your info and will contact you when and if a spot opens up. As of this posting there are 41 people on the waitlist. All on the waitlist are in order as I received them. Casey...

I will be working Friday, Saturday & Sunday. The following weekend I will have off.

Posted in the #4 thread too, but to stoke our stoke here's a small offering of photos from last year.

Recent purchase at our local annual event called Mule Days. (Bishop Ca. Eastern Sierra’s).

Just a normal Waxed Canvas Vest…….UNTIL
385B2DCE-992B-4321-8BAF-8FEEAD3996BA.jpeg

You get it personalized with their embroidery machine.👍🎯👍
52F1CF9A-5BFD-4A6E-BEFF-5E0F5090C474.jpeg

All registrants check the email you provided when registering for the extra swag form.
Have a great Weekend, Casey..
Casey,

Any previews on what the swag will look like this year? Same as previous years, but with a "5"? Particularly interested in the hoodie.

Casey,

Any previews on what the swag will look like this year? Same as previous years, but with a "5"? Particularly interested in the hoodie.
Exactly, same as before in Cadet Blue.

Are the shirts coming from the same company as last year? Trying to figure out sizing. If I remember correctly the women's stuff was funky last year.

Thanks,

-DJ

Also, is there any way to put multiple sizes of shirts into one order, or does it need to be done separately?

Also, is there any way to put multiple sizes of shirts into one order, or does it need to be done separately?
The shirts are the same as last year Bella Canvas brand. They do run a little small and are avoiding the ladies sizes all together to avoid a mess again.
The site is set for one size per shirt / hoodie. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have all this set on SAS #6 registration. We learn something new every year so our volunteer based directors can make it run as smooth as possible.

Casey…you and each and every volunteer are doing an outstanding job of keeping this fabulous event alive. And we appreciate it!☕🍪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom