SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Funny, I was just thinking we could do a red, white, and blue FJ60/FJ62 run. I know there'll be at least one white FJ62, one red FJ62, and several red FJ60s (including one look-alike HJ141).

It just realized that we can do red, white, and blue in our Texas convoy up. Thanks for the inspiration.

There was a time when I owned one red, one white, and one blue FJ60. Cause 'Murica. Except Japanese. Or something.

Unfortunately they were never all assembled at the same time so I didn't get the hero photo shot...

I was hoping to head out a couple of days early, and that's still the plan. Main reason Is to not miss out because I'm late. If I'm late, I'm still on time. Wierd logic.

I'd love to hit Ouray via Texas if I had lots of time, and caravan in from there. We'll see.

Reminds me of a song

Come on down Patrick, just don't have a flat in Jackson Mississippi on your way. We'll leave the light on and I promise no fellers will have green teeth.

Haven’t had much time to work on my 78fj40 cause I have been lucky enough to be driving it around before the trip. Hoping I’ll be able to finally get some BF Goodrich all terrains bought and put on before the trip after realizing just how much I was in need after the trip this last weekend. Photos are from an excellent overnight trip to hunts Mesa on Navajo Nation just barely south of monument valley. You can see monument valley in the back of one of the photos and the other is from dropping down a large sand dune. Road was total crap but we managed not to get stuck on sand: hoping our good fortune continues as I prepare to drive to Ouray! Look forward to meeting everyone!
3ED8AE65-E09D-4F24-BACF-0216576F12D6.jpeg
914BD9F5-2594-4FC1-8A26-BA35B9B82CE0.png

36EF78EB-F8CD-4723-B480-739E24FE18AF.jpeg
DC7618F9-3C09-4DD7-B3D1-88BA199468E0.jpeg
Funny, I was just thinking we could do a red, white, and blue FJ60/FJ62 run. I know there'll be at least one white FJ62, one red FJ62, and several red FJ60s (including one look-alike HJ141).
Funny story on this John. When Mcguire was 16 he drove to the back of our place and parked next to the two parts trucks we had at the time. Took these pictures and said it referenced the American flag (red, white & blue) :). Even better is those two parts trucks became my truck I’m driving today.

Do you guys have any specific plans for trail coms? I just got my HAM tech license and picked up a Baofeng handheld. I don't have a CB in my rig, could try to get one quick if that's the preferred approach.

Do you guys have any specific plans for trail coms? I just got my HAM tech license and picked up a Baofeng handheld. I don't have a CB in my rig, could try to get one quick if that's the preferred approach.

CB is the preferred device. Cheap, easy to find and use. A few guys have HAM in our group. One of the cheap Cobra radios and a decent antenna that is tuned will cover trail comm needs.

Last edited:
Mud members,

SAS #2 is a go and the dates are August 7-11th in Ouray. Same deal as last year, keeping it simple and old school.

We are cutting off at 50 vehicles for the event, but obviously anyone can come and hang since it’s public land.

This year we will be hosting it at the Ouray KOA and we are planning on spending Friday night in the national forest for some star gazing depending on the weather.

We have decided to put in a registration fee of $50 this year which will include a shirt for the driver, sticker and Darrel @The Machinist is working on making grill badges for us..

Here is a link for the KOA campsite: Ouray, Colorado Campground | Ouray KOA
When you book a spot online, make sure that you mention that you are apart of the SAS group in the comment section and they will put us all together.

If you are interested send an email too solidaxle2018@gmail.com with your name, what rig you are driving and year, shirt size, state you are driving from and whether or not you plan on staying at the KOA. Also if you want any additional t-shirts for passengers. Nothing wrong with posting up on this thread as well, the email will keep it more organized for us..

Ex:
McGuire Johnson
87 FJ60
Large shirt
Texas

For payments, please send as a gift via PayPal to: Pay Casey Archer using PayPal.Me

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Casey, Jimmy Johnson or myself.

See y’all out there!
@reevesci

Alright gents, road trip has begun. I am heading to Ouray...with a small detour to Chicago for Lollapalooza. Hoping to get to Little Rock, AR today. My boss is taking his tour bus with a few other coworkers and they will be stopping there and staying at a campground. It will be nice to sit in some AC after the long day battling 100+ degree weather.
56B314D6-AD8A-4DD0-8BA4-E4BEFA19DAA1.jpeg

I ALMOST had to bail, but we worked it out. Moving back to Dallas in a few months and thought this was gonna get in the way. Got the new 33’s mounted and working on mounting the new 270 awning, plus a long punch list.
0728021C-1EB6-4D4B-9657-C1ADA587F188.jpeg
67B84780-C812-497E-B695-ADB001795235.jpeg

You cant miss it now! Glad you are going.

That's a fine little white Tacoma in the background there.

Thanks! I just got it and love it!
Awning mounted and rear end protection installed!!
BDF0C01F-6F40-4921-8C0D-D1347D586A51.jpeg
C3646CBD-8EC0-47D5-BE20-4E36E18B31D5.jpeg
3A3543F9-01B3-444E-80BE-63FBCB08C7C9.jpeg
D5041E46-1522-47E0-BE40-63EDB9563CBB.jpeg
660B6C99-F46E-485C-BD2E-CC5FA4E375B0.jpeg

We need a pic of the Troopy with the new shoes Daniel. Nice awning btw...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom