So I'm curious...what did these FJs and BJs cost new? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's all in the title...

How much were these trucks sold for in the 70s and 80s off the lot? Were they a deal at the time or was the Toyota tax added on?

Canada or USA doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Warren

I have the window sticker from my 1974 but the price was torn off. Google has many original stickers if you search. 1974 was around $6400 new.

by the 80's fj40's were in the 12K range and they were not selling(hence the low # imported to the US), interest rates were close to 20%, gas prices were high and toyota had the mini truck.

in the mid 60's they are 3-4K depending

by the 80's fj40's were in the 12K range and they were not selling(hence the low # imported to the US), interest rates were close to 20%, gas prices were high and toyota had the mini truck.

in the mid 60's they are 3-4K depending

I remember reading that the newly introduced Mustang was priced around $3500 new in 64/65.

Reading above comparing a '78 to an early '80s the price doubled? Tarifs? WTF?

The early 80's interest rate spike.... there was also a gas spike in the early 70's IIRC.

I wonder what the premium was for a diesel; maybe that'd be a Canadian thing.

7% inflation then to now

2/'75 40, bought new for a flat $6,000. This included a dealer installed Con-Fer...which now goes back & forth between my 40 & 60.

There is a great ih8mud thread called "Show off you Original Window Sticker!" that might help here. :)

I paid $5k for my 40 in 95. PO stated at the time it went for $5976.00 when it was new in 76.
Unfortunately I never received a window sticker to back that up. :cheers:

Mine. Check out the typical fuel mileage. :rofl:

lc-sticker-jpg.706077

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom