So, I Have an Idea (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would wonder why you would want to use the FJ cruiser as the base for this, they seem to sell at a premium over the 4runners up here. Would you consider a early 2000s 4Runner with the the V8 as a starting point?

I would wonder why you would want to use the FJ cruiser as the base for this, they seem to sell at a premium over the 4runners up here. Would you consider a early 2000s 4Runner with the the V8 as a starting point?
Because I want to and I can.
And... the FJ cruiser fender lines are begging for big tires.

Wheeled my FJ this weekend and by the end of a day of wheeling decided this idea should be dead in the water. You can't see a thing from the driver's seat of an FJ on the trail. Descents are terrifying (you have to "just commit"), and you can't see any corner of the truck.
Time to peruse the rock crawling classifieds.

Then a 60. Simple tech like the 40, but with heat/AC/family room.

Or an 80. More wiring to deal with, but better amenities.

Wheeled my FJ this weekend and by the end of a day of wheeling decided this idea should be dead in the water. You can't see a thing from the driver's seat of an FJ on the trail. Descents are terrifying (you have to "just commit"), and you can't see any corner of the truck.
Time to peruse the rock crawling classifieds.

I don't understand how anyone "wheels" any of the modern trucks. It's the same issue on Tacomas, 4runners, 100 series, etc. the doors and hood are just too tall.

I'm thinking of something much more modern. I've gotten to where I really enjoy heat and AC.

May I recommend a 3rd gen 4Runner? Loved mine when I had it and it was extremely capable even on 32" tires. I did some of my craziest wheeling in that thing and it just took it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom