Sloshing Water Sound When Stopping and Starting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When driving around town in stop and go traffic, I can hear water sloshing and running back-and-forth. Would this be in the bottom of the doors? Or in the frame? Any ideas? Thanks

Check for water in the rear quarter panels. Easiest way to look is by the jack mount, drivers side. Not uncommon for the rear windows to leak water into there. I pulled my windows replaced or cleaned the surrounds and window channels and haven't had water inside there since, about 2 years.

and yes, it could be in the bottom of a door, if the drains are clogged.

Lower body sill spaces perhaps? Or maybe there's a windscreen seal leak and water is getting into the inside of the body and sloshing around in the channels where the cabling runs down either side?

Someone else mentioned the rear quarters. Each one has a plugged hole right at the bottom. On mine I removed those plugs years ago because both sides had a big layer of dried mud when I got the vehicle 12 yrs ago.

If you are checking the rear quarters, have a look to see if the plastic cover plates are missing that you can only see from underneath.

When driving around town in stop and go traffic, I can hear water sloshing and running back-and-forth. Would this be in the bottom of the doors? Or in the frame? Any ideas? Thanks
Pull the plugs at the bottom of your rocker panels and you will probably have water splashing out of there. Then look up sunroof drains on here and unclog them with weed eater line.

You wouldn't happen to be a contributor to this thread, would you? Or,... did you buy a LandCruiser recently from any of these contributors?

Funny...just digging into this myself. There's a few threads referencing the plugged holes on the bottom of the rockers, but there are also a couple of small slit drains along the pinch weld. Sounds simple, but I'm still hunting for them (and a bit obstructed by the WKOR sliders).

No good pics since all of the threads are old, old, old. I'll keep hunting with some better lighting.

There are plastic plugs that are black in color that run the length of your front and rear doors below your rocker panels. I would suggest using some needle nose pliers to pull them out. This should alleviate the water that’s sloshing around.

You have 2 of these slits per side on the folded/welded seam. If they are closed or muddy, you will get that sloshing. A small flat head screwdriver is all you need to reopen, or some like this wire cable to go in and get the clog off and water draining

video won’t play here, but a couple of pics
A4D9B4D8-D168-4574-B051-5BE566A91FC6.png
4256C307-A29B-460F-B8E7-D14C6C78A55D.png

Last edited:
I found them yesterday after some fighting around the sliders....if those aren't on the truck, they're clear as can be. Will try to get a couple of pics and post them for reference. It's a slight opening in the pinch weld front and rear on the rocker panels each side - easily missed if they're caked full of debris like mine were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom