Skyjacker Spring Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a set of Skyjacker SR40 springs off the vehicle to get an "eye to eye" measurement? I'm getting two different dimensions on my rear springs (off the vehicle).
One is 40-1/4" and the other is 41-1/8".

thanks

I'm not sure that 1/8" difference would show up on any scale/shackle angle/ride/vehicle height ???

I'm not sure that 1/8" difference would show up on any scale/shackle angle/ride/vehicle height ???

i made the same mistake, it's 1.125" difference. im not so sure that it would make a noticeable ride height difference.

though i'd put the longer one on the left side and short one on the rightside.

I'll try to take some front spring dimensions. These springs have been on the vehicle for 10 years minimum. Front springs are still mounted.

Ok, if one rear spring is 7/8" longer than the other, that would change the spring shackle angle between the two sides. This then would result in one side riding stiffer than the other (which may not bother you), and the rear differential actually twisting slightly under the vehicle every time the rear end hits a bump (which also may not bother you)

though i'd put the longer one on the left side and short one on the rightside.
[/QUOTE]

I put the longer spring on the left. There is no lean at all without the body mounted. But the shackle angle is very different. There is no binding with any bushings - all are lubricated and moving freely.

rear shackle angle.jpg

I just put my new to me but used Skyjacker 4" springs on my rig. I haven't had it off the hoist yet, but with the rear springs installed and axle hanging, my springs measured 40-1/2" and 40-5/16". Just 3/16" difference. I didn't notice it before I installed them, but the longer one is on the left. There is only about 1 degree difference in shackle angle. Don't know if I have any lean or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom