Builds Skreddy’s 70 Non-Resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great, and love your custom switch!! 👍🏻
Can you share a picture of your radio location, please?
It’s the first pic, the knob that says “Radio”. It’s a compact Bluetooth amp offered by @thecrazygreek that includes a knob to match the factory dash knobs. So behind that switch is a slim Bluetooth amp that has 2 speaker connections and a ground and + connection.

It’s the first pic, the knob that says “Radio”. It’s a compact Bluetooth amp offered by @thecrazygreek that includes a knob to match the factory dash knobs. So behind that switch is a slim Bluetooth amp that has 2 speaker connections and a ground and + connection.
i bought one of these too

20221216_163748.jpg

I bought one to match the later style knobs. Plays great! I had set up on workbench and played it while working in the garage until I installed it.

I’ll likely try to find better speakers for it at some point. Doesn’t sound terrible, just “tinny” like no bass and low end.
But I really am pleased with the unit.

Which grommet are you guys using to fasten it to the firewall andmatch it to the other knobs?

Which grommet are you guys using to fasten it to the firewall andmatch it to the other knobs?
I used a stainless fender washer. Tried using a polished little beze from a later model fresh pull knob, but there’s not enough threads on the unit to engage it. I’m going to look for a beauty washer like the my seat covers use, but proper size.

Not really tech, but my crotchety old lady German shorthair was going nuts this morning barking and pointing to the meadow below our house. I saw what she was making all the racket about and helped this fella out to a little nap. Now just wait a day or two until his buddies come investigate …
0F0A3DE8-DDF1-407A-A659-15C9C1220814.jpeg

Thanks! I hadn't seen @thecrazygreek's offering....great idea!

I used these from the switches that come with vintage air, it worked for mine, I filed it to the right thickness needed for depth. I guess you could put then in the lathe and round them and drill 2 indents to look more like the others...but I just thought of that now.
20230105_195839.jpg

I used these from the switches that come with vintage air, it worked for mine, I filed it to the right thickness needed for depth. I guess you could put then in the lathe and round them and drill 2 indents to look more like the others...but I just thought of that now.View attachment 3211502
I like that!

I’ll likely try to find better speakers for it at some point. Doesn’t sound terrible, just “tinny” like no bass and low end.
But I really am pleased with the unit.

Are the speakers enclosed or just in a flat plate? No enclosure won’t help at all with acoustics. Unless it’s a free air speaker.

Also maybe a setting on your device

Are the speakers enclosed or just in a flat plate? No enclosure won’t help at all with acoustics. Unless it’s a free air speaker.

Also maybe a setting on your device
They are just mounted to a flat plate, open in the back. I assume that’s part of the issue. May try to enclose them in the back before I try new speakers.

I put on some slightly longer shackles yesterday to get just a tiny bit more lift so I had a little more room between rear tire and wheel well and so the shocks had a little more compression travel. Today I calculated my caster angle to order some shims from Cruiser Brothers (I think @orangefj45?). 2 degrees looks like it will put me right back to the +2 I was at before the shackles. I was really happy how this thing tracked and drove before so hoping this gets me back there. After a short drive today it’s not that bad currently, just not where it was.
B75DD268-DEF9-4803-8076-CF8755FA27FC.jpeg

This morning I installed those foam baffles @EWheeler suggested. They made a difference; not as “tinny” sounding. Still not great but I’m assuming it’s the cheap speakers. I’m fine with them for now. Funny enough, the faster I’m driving and more road noise, turn up the volume and the speakers start to sound better. But then come to a stop and they are loud and not great! Oh well. Can’t really compare the sound of 2 speakers semi hidden to a modern car stereo anyway.
CD9FD003-A258-4F32-99C4-B2420CC37D6C.jpeg

Started tackling my new door weatherstrip today from CityRacer. Driver’s door is done and back installed. These doors are in awesome shape but the weatherstrip was toast. I stripped the door completely apart and had to make some small tack welds on a couple little cracks but pretty simple fix and worth the new weatherstrip. Did the door seal and the window felt runs. Should’ve got the vent window seal but it looked good enough.

Old weatherstrip with rope internal.
F0984E06-B038-4F2F-AF67-7A89936FB9D9.jpeg

Cracks that needed fixed.
A5318119-8054-4432-808C-BBC2B0C6441A.jpeg
9D9A38CE-D7D1-4976-B61E-54CEC88F66C4.jpeg

Clean lowers.
8F177FE3-EB8B-4C3A-8417-9416DAA619AD.jpeg
E7C77223-9B1F-4FFC-A922-77EC944D0FE4.jpeg

Doors have been installed but a big gap along the tops. Today I tweaked them and adjusted the hinges tighter and the weatherstrip seals a lot better. Also did some sniper tuning for cold starts and coming off gas when coming to a stop. But our power is out, so you don’t get pics of any of that. Instead, we played darts by flashlight.
253732B1-12BB-4675-9701-870E9813B8A5.jpeg

I should note, my 6 year old was playing too, that’s why the board is so low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom