Should I, or should I not buy this 97 LX450? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a gold LX450 sitting on the side of this mom and pop dealership on my way home from work this past Friday. I went back and checked it out because I have always wanted to tryout an 80's series. It has 228,000 miles on it and drives pretty good. The owner let me take it for a few hours, so I ended up taking it to a Lexus dealership that was over by this car lot and the master mechanic looked it over for me and told the frame is in good condition and for its age and being a southern state vehicle it's in pretty decent shape. He mentioned to me stuff had been replaced and it does need some work done on it to bring it up to speed. The owner of this car lot is selling this car for his brother who is in med school. I actually talked to his brother after I drove the car. He doe not want to sell this LX450 for any less than $6,500, but Kelly Blue Book show the value of the vehicle at around $4,300 with the mileage it has on it. Are these vehicles in such demand, that it's worth what this guy is asking or should I stick to the KBB value?

IMG_07281.jpg

IMG_07291.jpg

IMG_07271.jpg

20200110_151335.jpg

Not locked. Still in excellent buy! Drive it like you stole it.

That is a super weird color, I do not think I have seen it before. Black bumpers? I would bet it was in a decent accident and has had quite a bit of body work and paint done. Could have been years ago but I would at least check it out.

Thanks everyone for your responses.
I actually asked the owner to ask his brother if he would sell it for $5,500. I'm hoping to hear back tomorrow. The main reason why is b/c the mechanic at Lexus mentioned the windshield had been replaced, and was not done properly. The mirrors have the death wobble I read about, and he mentioned something about the ABS/some issue with the brakes. I felt what he was talking about while I was driving it. When you are driving and apply the brakes, it feels like when you hit a slick spot and the ABS makes a grunting noise, is trying to work but not having any luck.

That is a super weird color, I do not think I have seen it before. Black bumpers? I would bet it was in a decent accident and has had quite a bit of body work and paint done. Could have been years ago but I would at least check it out.
Thanks for saving my 6 and mentioning that. I just looked and it says the car was involved in an accident. I also noticed while looking at the pics I posted that the wiper fluid heads on the top of the hood are painted the same color as the hood. I'm wondering if it was front end damage. I will be inquiring about this tomorrow.

Definitely jump on that friggin thang if you don't hate the color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom