Shelter in Place Projects (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I popped some new wheels on the 88. These are the wheels I always wanted back when I had my 86 in the 90s. Took 30 years to make it all happen.

Need some center caps I suppose....not even sure what they look like for this truck.

View attachment 2296844View attachment 2296845

I have a set you can have. They are cluttering up my garage, I almost threw them away the other day. PM me your address.

Beautiful truck!

I have a set you can have. They are cluttering up my garage, I almost threw them away the other day. PM me your address.

Beautiful truck!
PM sent!

The weather is ideal for painting - over 70 and low humidity. That is RARE combination in Atlanta. Humidity is one of our main exports. So, it was time to prep and paint the Coverlay dash.
First step was leaving it in the truck in the sun to make sure it was going to fit right. Check.
Then the prep - lotta washing, degreasing, de-degreasering, rinsing and rinsing... back to the sun to dry...
- 3 coats of Adhesion Promoter
- 4 coats of SEM Bluebird brown

Side note: Bluebird brown is an exact match... to some of the browns in the brown interiors. But there may have been 6 colors - from tan to chocolate brown - in these trucks, from the factory.

Even if the Bluebird brown isn't a dead-on match for the reset of the truck, it's gotta be better than the faded cracked green (green?!) that I'm staring at now.

IMG_6625.jpeg

Prepped and ready for that Bluebird brown...
IMG_7431.jpeg

Beautiful truck!

KLF, always hooking people up! He GAVE me a complete 22r harness (very carefully detailed) a 84 FSM and some window seals. Paying it forward to all the fellow mini truckers and 4Runner kids. Thanks!!

Beautiful truck!

that's funny I have a set too I was going to give him until I saw your post.

KLF, always hooking people up! He GAVE me a complete 22r harness (very carefully detailed) a 84 FSM and some window seals. Paying it forward to all the fellow mini truckers and 4Runner kids. Thanks!!

Lol... I forgot about that care package. Hope it's been useful.

I have more stuff, lots of OEM hardware all carefully organized in tackle box trays. Anybody want a jig I made many years ago for pulling rear wheel bearings in a press? It's kinda heavy, made it from an old axle housing. I got rid of my press and all my diff building tools already.

Paint is mostly there. Just the hardtop and a couple small bits left to spray with “color” and another day of spraying all of the gloss black accents and then wet sanding/reassembly can start happening.

56BB1616-C018-46EA-9632-AD68CA539B31.jpeg

My wheels and rear shocks showed up the other day. Despite what method told me, they do not clear the hubs and I had to remove the center cap retaining ring on the wheel to get them to fit. I’ll be making some sort of center cap retainer with set screws so that I can run them on the rear wheels.
6B2AC26D-6018-4B7A-BF6D-C9F429CF9649.jpeg

A0E35FF6-B6C4-4091-AC31-B16BF40B1230.jpeg

F762F52C-0276-4BC5-9093-6572CB3AECF6.jpeg

031DC9B0-14D4-4E8A-A23E-081C7F42E1D4.jpeg

Starting to reassemble! The color is Ferrari 792 - Grigio Scuro, it can go from gray to a green depending on surroundings.
058FFD6A-A4FF-4A0B-9F73-9B7BF776E657.jpeg

Compared to my dad’s BRG green 40 it looks straight up gray.
445C1E62-837C-4817-BB93-EAA2F0C66C72.jpeg

@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr that is beautiful! I love that green... gray... grayn? Seriously, that is an incredible color and looks great with the Method wheels. Damn.

@SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr that is beautiful! I love that green... gray... grayn? Seriously, that is an incredible color and looks great with the Method wheels. Damn.

I appreciate it! I’m definitely stealing “grayn” that’s too perfect. I still haven’t had the tires mounted on the Methods yet so what you’re seeing right now are the 15” AR23s (w/ 31s) I refinished. I finished the Methods in the same way though...
A0C2EBE9-7187-4CF2-85A7-7D22F8994CBD.jpeg

Getting closer. Working on rear shock mounts of miscellaneous axle stuff today.
963F6FA9-0516-475F-80ED-001F4B0BD399.jpeg

ADA872F0-26D4-492F-AB58-DC2ECC11A5C4.jpeg

Beautiful truck!

Center caps finally got put on.....they look fantastic. Can't thank you enough @KLF.....I'm smitten with them.

Original steel wheels....

P2284601.jpeg

The wheels I always wanted on my 86 when I had it way back when.

20200619_194348_1.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful specimen.

Thanks. It's like brand new. I show people the truck and tell them it has 151k on it and they laugh in disbelief. It's really hard to believe.

20191221_113551.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom