Shelter in Place Projects

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star

Wow that truck is nice. Curious: where's your charcoal canister?

I can get you as many pics as you want. I didn’t do a thread on it, figured it wasn’t that cool and interesting to be thread worthy but then I see other threads of “things” and second guess that thinking haha

I love the blue sea stuff though. Very high quality and priced well. I did a small fuse box for all my add ons and then a buss bar for my heavier stuff. Really cleans up the engine bay and leaves you with 1 wire on your battery positive terminal.

I can get you as many pics as you want. I didn’t do a thread on it, figured it wasn’t that cool and interesting to be thread worthy but then I see other threads of “things” and second guess that thinking haha
Sure. Any photos or drawings of what you've done with Blue Sea would be useful. I have about 4 Blue Sea products in my project so far. Really well made stuff. Sad I can't get to them directly, because they are next door in bellingham, but the border is closed.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star

I love the blue sea stuff though. Very high quality and priced well.
I've sent a lot of $$$ to Blue Sea, there are 2 fuse blocks in the red truck, and 2 in my current Cruiser. I also have their ML-ACR system on my dual battery setup. Good stuff.

ntsqd

technerd

Been working on a dual battery set-up for the FSB and have also used Blue Sea's stuff extensively. When I have the option I prefer to use BEP Marine parts. Mostly because a guy who works in up-fitting out-back tour busses & the like recommended them. The BEP parts typically have a smaller form-factor than the Blue Sea stuff, which make fitting them to ground vehicle a little easier. confusing the issue is that Blue Sea sold some of the BEP product line in the US.
The dual battery switch and Blue Sea ACR on the FSB:

SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr

SILVER Star

Finally out of the garage. Brand new CV axles have some wiggle so may have an issue with both of them which seems unlikely or something with the front diff. It also looks like I’m going to have to cut every mount off the rear axle, raise the pinion big time and have a custom and extended double Cardan driveshaft made to fix the vibes I got and the very little engagement I had on the slipjoint.

54CB695A-EBC9-4150-AA94-DC858A4343BD.jpeg

7C9B4CAC-D27E-479C-95AB-B04F9EBBD6E8.jpeg

C36EB9E8-9574-4F4B-A401-C98451FCABAA.jpeg

Last edited:

ntsqd

technerd

That looks really sharp!!

Got any plans for unique side windows? I've been thinking of doing something because those parts are starting to fail on mine. There's a guy who makes one piece, opening side windows for FJ80's (similar to the "win-doors" on some truck bed shells) but he didn't respond to a request that he look at doing the same for these trucks.

SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr

SILVER Star

That looks really sharp!!

Got any plans for unique side windows? I've been thinking of doing something because those parts are starting to fail on mine. There's a guy who makes one piece, opening side windows for FJ80's (similar to the "win-doors" on some truck bed shells) but he didn't respond to a request that he look at doing the same for these trucks.
Thanks...I would like to do some flip up gull wing windows there and I’ll probably play around with designing some down the road if I don’t just design a new top, but it’s not something I have time for right now. I’m actually moving tomorrow and with this thing not running, I’ll have a 5 hour one way trip to get back to work on it on weekends. For now, the crappy slider windows will go back in with gloss black L trim pieces.

Top Bottom