shackle reversal write up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

heres a pic of the ps box plate compressed spring, the spring does not hit the plate and it got about 1/2 inch before it does but it cant, bad angle but here it is

Does your pitman arm clear the spring pack when you turn right and are flexed like that?

yes things are clear and i have no clearance issues, i made sure of all that.

thanks for all the replies,

i loved doing this mod, easy and way worth it. cant wait to hit the trails. ill be putting the top on this weekend, getting chilly around here

sr in action

so i got the rig out over the weekend, to test all the changes such as

sr
new driveshaft
axle moved foward

and such
all can be found in my write up, ok heres the link and a few pics

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=111354

here some pics
IMG_1328_1.jpg
IMG_1333_1.jpg
IMG_1329_1.jpg

You not getting any vibration from the uneven angles on that driveline? How close is your pitman arm swing to the tierod? I pulled mine forward & decided to bend up some 1 1/2" 1/4" wall DOM for my tierod instead of going hydro which may have been easier. Nothing hits here:
DSC00315.JPG

Looking good!!! Who done your front driveshaft? Specs? Costs? Thanks.

/td

driveshaft is high angle drivelines ( awesome customer service) , it was 279 for retube and 12" slip joint

the pic below is close to full droop and you can see the angle arent to shabby,

its tizzight
IMG_1261_1.jpg

Last edited:
You not getting any vibration from the uneven angles on that driveline? How close is your pitman arm swing to the tierod? I pulled mine forward & decided to bend up some 1 1/2" 1/4" wall DOM for my tierod instead of going hydro which may have been easier. Nothing hits here:

my dirveline is perfect, angles are good no vibes whatsoever, nothing hits on the steering. 4x4labs has me covered. i want to go ram assist would be very helpful

Up to what speed? How about with the hubs locked at 60mph? I can't believe that there's "no vibes whatsoever"...

why do you not believe. does your rig vibe that bad?

i rarely drive 60 in 2 wd. but yes at 50-55 no vibrations, jesse does good work.

why do you not believe. does your rig vibe that bad?

i rarely drive 60 in 2 wd. but yes at 50-55 no vibrations, jesse does good work.

No it doesn't, but the angles are close to factory. Regardless of how well Jesse does when it comes to making drivelines, the reason I am skeptical is because of the different angles of your driveshaft at the pinion and the 'case.

U-joints are designed to operate in phase with each other, and when one is out of phase you're going to have a lot of vibration by the fact that the driveshaft is moving up and down the splines as the turns. A CV, by keeping the driveshaft in phase (since your pinion u-joint isn't really moving) cancels each other out. Since you don't have a CV at the transfer case, your pinion at the diff is point at the case, your angles are therefore not the same, hence my skepticism when it comes to you saying you have no vibrations.

On the truck I currently drive, no vibrations. But on other trucks that I built because of a differnce in angles, yes I had some bad vibration.

What do you mean you usually don't drive 60mph in 2wd? I'm curious as to whether you have vibration in 4wd, at speed (trail speed is not the point).

http://www.4xshaft.com/driveline101.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom