shackle reversal write up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wait until you feel the ride mine went from rough as hell to buttery smooth, how much lenth did you gain on your shaft, (mine was about 8") & are you going to lenthen the spline and yoke thingie?

Wait until you feel the ride mine went from rough as hell to buttery smooth, how much lenth did you gain on your shaft, (mine was about 8") & are you going to lenthen the spline and yoke thingy?

why does this keep posting to the wrong thread!!!!

why does this keep posting to the wrong thread!!!!

uh who knows,

as far as driving fast my rig is not built for speed
i feel no vibes and am not worried about the quality of the workmanship and parts on my rig, angles are fine no binding which is the bigger issue. i have no need to drive 70 in 4wheel drive or 2wd, if you want to start a debate on wether or not it vibrates in 4x4 come test drive it and judge for yourself.:cheers:

as far as the write thanks everyone for your feedback. i hope this helps those that are about to enbark on the sr mod journey. feel free to ask for help

Sweet pictures! Looks like you almost went over there. I just finished my spring over and have the same issue of it being really tippy where it wasn't a problem before.

i was actually suprised, i thought it would be more tippy than it is, you can notice your higher but not a big deal. i did almost go over. that crack was deeper than i thought, i wish i had a pic before that my fender was kissing the ground on the driver side, talk about clinch

Sorry, thout I was posting to the end of page 1 I hadn't seen page 2 or 3 yet, great write up.

camcruiser13 said:
as far as driving fast my rig is not built for speed
i feel no vibes and am not worried about the quality of the workmanship and parts on my rig, angles are fine no binding which is the bigger issue. i have no need to drive 70 in 4wheel drive or 2wd, if you want to start a debate on wether or not it vibrates in 4x4 come test drive it and judge for yourself.:cheers:

I think for me, therein lies the problem. While there's a difference of opinion in terms of how to build something, (SOA, SR, V8, etc) the advice offered does not always mean that it is the correct way to go (that's not saying you're wrong either). There'll always be people who go against the grain in terms of how something should be done because the application works for them, but suggesting something always, even though collectively the concept doesn't function as well as intended though it might for one specific user, does not mean that all should do it. (Hence, YMMV.)

For instance, most would agree that a CV joint is needed at the case when doing a cut and turn, yet not needed if not cut and turned since your front shaft is long enough and the u joint operating angles are the same.
A more extreme example would be hysteer steering units instead of zlink'd draglinks. Most would agree to stay away from a z style drang link. But that doesn't mean that people still don't use it and swear by it.

For me, your driveshaft defies my experience and theory of how a shaft operates. For your intended use, I'm glad the truck turned out exactly how you wanted it with no issues. Glad to hear there is no vibrations to speak of, and that you're enjoying the hell out of your 40.

Sorry if I seem to be pissing all over your thread, and I will gladly remove the above for statements for your technical contribution and posterity's sake. :cheers:

Sorry if I seem to be pissing all over your thread, and I will gladly remove the above for statements for your technical contribution and posterity's sake. :cheers:[/QUOTE]

no need to remove it, i dont get pissed when someone finds something they are not used to or disagree upon, with out this difference of opinion all fjs would look the same and we would all dress the same etc.. my 40 rides fine (not the way i want it to be yet ie bigger tires, more mods). we are all here to learn and help each other out right:beer: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom