shackle reversal write up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well got her all buttoned up and took some pics,

i had to flip the shock tower bolt around and cut the fender, i bought some ford shock towers bet will install them later, i will need longer shocks if i throw them on
shck2.jpg
shock move.jpg

also i ditched the beat down tired stock ubolt plates and made some new ones, they look sweet and they are stout
ubolt plate.jpg

here she is all together,

need to get some in action shots but this will hold you off for abit.
untitled.jpg

i enjoyed working on it and it seems to be a great product, thanks proffitts.
feel free if you have questions if your doing a sr and need help or whatever,

Are those 35" Xterrains?

Looking good! I just welded up my Proffits hangers last night. I didn't use the sleeve through the frame, my headers were in the way. Instead i used the d.o.m. that they gave me and some dodge spring perches and made some hangers. This will add a little more lift, but I will make up the difference in the rear if it is not level. I see nothing wrong with the hole in the frame, I just could not go that route.

That wheel base should help you out a lot.

Jeremy

did you get a Longer Slip yoke on the driveshaft?? you mention needing a longer shaft, but usualy with a SR and SOA you need a longer slip yoke.. Or a Square Shaft will work!

did you get a Longer Slip yoke on the driveshaft?? you mention needing a longer shaft, but usualy with a SR and SOA you need a longer slip yoke.. Or a Square Shaft will work!

yes you must extend it.

as of right now i have no drive line in the front, i am getting 12 inch slip from high angle drive line.

i took it for a spin last night. it handles so much better and feels more stable on the road, you can tell the longer whell base makes a diff, cant wait to try it out on the trails, after i get my driveline.

Are those 35" Xterrains?

Looking good! I just welded up my Proffits hangers last night. I didn't use the sleeve through the frame, my headers were in the way. Instead i used the d.o.m. that they gave me and some dodge spring perches and made some hangers. This will add a little more lift, but I will make up the difference in the rear if it is not level. I see nothing wrong with the hole in the frame, I just could not go that route.

That wheel base should help you out a lot.

Jeremy

no they are 33" that im getting rid of, im going 35s soon as i can get the wifey to agree with me

no they are 33" that im getting rid of, im going 35s soon as i can get the wifey to agree with me

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ;)

Looks good. I think you will like the s/r.

JR

its easier to sleep with a happy women than an angry one.

Cam,
Could you possibly take a couple shots of the clearance between the front spring mount and the sag. box? There has been discussion about clearance issues with this kit and the type of plate mount (I think) you are using. One of the solutions was lengthening the frame a few inches . . .

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. ;)

Ask or get on your knees and beg....

Looks good Cam, you have me thinking about it again, along with outboarding and using the 60 axles instead of buying spacers.....

when doing the SR, the rear hanger almost always ends up mostly in that hole on the inside of the frame. I reccommend taking a 3" or whatever size hole saw that hole is and drilling out a plug from some 3/8" steel. Welding that in, then drilling the hole for the hanger.

I also made a cheesy jig out of some thin stock wood to make sure my left and right side holes were exactly the same. I just drilled a hole in one side to slip a bolt through on the front. measured 42" to the other side and drilled a 1/4" hole I could plug a felt tip marker through. Worked well for helping me get good measurements working alone.

Are you going to run shims in the front to correct the castor, or did it not change?

looks good.

cheers!
Dustin

Last edited:
castor changed a little bit but not enough to realy effect it, i do have some shims though just in case, i have hasd no clearance issues with the sag box yet ill get some photos though.

im so stoked

just got the driveline back last night and installed it, this thing is bad ass,

12 inch of travel, heavy duty and thick,

here it is
IMG_1261_1.jpg

took some poser pice while i was out
IMG_1245_1.jpg
IMG_1259_1.jpg

not a dumb question, I was wondering as well. I think for most people it is about lengthening their wheelbase and yes getting it away from the ps box. I had no problems just swapping end to end but it was kinda tight now that i look at it. I didn't want to move the front tires too far forward as I think it looks kinda funny. When I did mine, I flipped the top spring and redrilled so it did push the front axle up some, now the front tires line up with the front lip of my fenders.

Noah

heres a pic of the ps box plate compressed spring, the spring does not hit the plate and it got about 1/2 inch before it does but it cant, bad angle but here it is
IMG_1258_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom