shackle reversal write up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lavarunner said:
hey i looked on his site and is sy about a 2 inch lift...

was that for the sua or the soa, they have 2 kinds?

got the springs back on andthe shackles all buttoned up, looks sweet
sr approach_1.JPG
sr shackleangle_1.jpg

need to get the driveline extended for sure, i think i got around 3 1/2 to 4 inches of wheel base.
heres a pic of how short the driveline is now

hard to see all i had was my camera phone,
sr driveshaft_1.jpg

the approach angle is way better now than before. i will have to do something about the shock mounts, due to moving the axle foward the shocks need to be redone. i might go with ford towers while im in there

My god... drilling holes in your frame! That takes balls, even it it had to be done... I don't know how I'm going to do that to mine :doh: ....

What are the names of those shackles that give you "extra" articulation on a cruiser.... since there is a lack of it in the leafs.

:eek: freaky!!

i'm goin through the same sorta ordeal myself.. i stripped my 40 right down to bare frame and started from there.. am doing a soa with shackle reversal whilst spring flippin too! raised side sills with built in sliders,front guards raised and widened with tube bent under fender,enlarged rear wheel wells (cos i can) amongst other mods and fabrications..

great reading what you're doin.. good pics too.. :cheers:

keep up the good work! :D

:eek: freaky!!

i'm goin through the same sorta ordeal myself.. i stripped my 40 right down to bare frame and started from there.. am doing a soa with shackle reversal whilst spring flippin too! raised side sills with built in sliders,front guards raised and widened with tube bent under fender,enlarged rear wheel wells (cos i can) amongst other mods and fabrications..

great reading what you're doin.. good pics too.. :cheers:

keep up the good work! :D

good luck man sounds like you got your plate full. let us know how it goes and get the pics up

the approach angle is way better now than before. i will have to do something about the shock mounts, due to moving the axle foward the shocks need to be redone. i might go with ford towers while im in there

I would highly reccomend the ford towers, SO EASY AND CHEAP!, just weld em on and at around $8 a piece you can't beat this mod, no reason to mess with the stock ones.

noah

Nice job man.

BTW, what made you decide to do the SR?

?

got bored i guess, and i was wanting to flip the springs so i thought i would kill 2 birds one stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom