Seat Coolers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Leather & cooler install is underway!

13EF300B-9BFF-4262-8F3F-DDC76FFDB2BD.jpeg

Stay tuned...

So help me out here. Its monday and im pretty sure im a little “special”.

If i wanted heated/cooled front seats with single (dark) color leather, middle seats leather but no heat or cool, no center console cover or armrest covers or anything else, how much we talkin?

If i wanted heated/cooled front seats with single (dark) color leather, middle seats leather but no heat or cool, no center console cover or armrest covers or anything else, how much we talkin?

Leather, 2 rows, premium kit - $1125
Cooler setup (perforations, etc) - $195
2 Coolers - $675
-------------------------------------------
Total (shipping included) - $1995

Last edited:

If i wanted front seats... but no center console cover or armrest covers or anything else...?

In an effort to be fully transparent...

The center console & misc. parts are basically free. I absorb the increased cost to make those parts out of leather vs. vinyl on the premium kits, but to order a kit with just seat backs & bottoms, you have to special order individual parts. By the time you order all the seat parts, you've paid for a full kit.

If there are folks wanting just console covers and armrests, I'd be happy to adjust prices here if I can make it up over there. Of course, I can always order parts and pieces if someone just needs a console cover or armrest.

Ducting for the seat back:

6B4B354B-770A-455C-8BDB-D9C7CC85CA35.jpeg

Ducting for the seat bottom:

B5FAD73B-C49D-4576-B7C8-8FEB456ADC59.jpeg

The computer is just held in place right now - final placement will be chosen to ensure it clears the rear heater that sits under the passenger seat.

The distribution pads are recessed into the foam so that they are not seen or felt. The easiest way is to slice the foam to depth with a razor blade in strips or cross-cross pattern, and remove the pieces.

Result:

46E5AC9E-EE78-4DB1-8CAD-D115D018D85C.jpeg

AC31A6F6-3975-4EF9-8131-3DD242C2FC8D.jpeg

2B1DE3A5-8496-46A5-B7E5-11B26864083C.jpeg

In an effort to be fully transparent...

The center console & misc. parts are basically free. I absorb the increased cost to make those parts out of leather vs. vinyl on the premium kits, but to order a kit with just seat backs & bottoms, you have to special order individual parts. By the time you order all the seat parts, you've paid for a full kit.

If there are folks wanting just console covers and armrests, I'd be happy to adjust prices here if I can make it up over there. Of course, I can always order parts and pieces if someone just needs a console cover or armrest.
Well, i have a tuffy console. I would like to have the material, but its much larger than the factory armrest area. I could have an upholstery shop local to me make it if i had the material. Or I suppose i could ship my lid to you to make it, however I doubt you’d want to do that.

Gotcha, that makes perfect sense.

Matching loose material is readily available, and I try to keep some on hand for things like this. Substituting the console cover with loose leather is easy.

Can you do the lx450 seat pattern in the two tone "40th" colors?

Absolutely. I need to verify a few colors - the Lexus “Oak” is lighter than the LC. I believe the brown plastic is the same though.

Anyone know if the carpets are the same colors?

These are awesome, my sweaty butt would love these. I am going to have to examine the priority list. Thanks for making these available.

A full 2 row leather install with the coolers has taken my guy a full day, around 10-12 hours depending on what kinds of issues he runs into. Keep that in mind if you plan on tackling this yourself. He mainly does new car installs for dealers, which I’m sure go smoother.

He did get all of the seats in the first day, but had to come back to do the door panels. These kits come with the lighter colored door panels, and this truck’s upper dark brown pieces had holes in the ends, so he recovered those with new brown vinyl and swapped the panels.

If your doors are fine, I would highly recommend just replacing the armrests and leave the rest alone.

But here are the finished pics:

DD737B03-5A08-4D9F-BCE5-18A16005CA9B.jpeg

A21A7DCA-E824-4ABA-837C-DBF72AB207FA.jpeg

2BDF22DA-7446-4F4A-BC8E-3DF1D80EA611.jpeg

A0415F92-EE31-4111-A2C6-A0D452B3F12F.jpeg

Last edited:
I originally bought a relay to provide switched power to the units, but he found unused plugs with a switched power source under the seats (factory seat heater circuit?) and tied into that.

The switches went into two of the coin holder spots w/ the holes opened up.

00E8CF4B-4D2F-4C7E-86E2-FD982F18B1DD.jpeg

I’m really happy with how these turned out. The leather is super soft. And the coolers work great.

On my 100, I only perforated part of the insert, thinking I only needed to do enough for the pads (and thinking it would look better), but I was totally wrong. Full perforated inserts is the only way to go.

08A8597A-969A-4571-A9A8-AE1F67348ED1.jpeg

On high, these sound similar in volume & pitch to the air nozzles above your head in an airplane. Once I feel mine working, I usually turn them to medium. Once my junk is fully freshened, I switch to low for the duration, which is practically silent.

Those two tone perforated leather looks great!! The skins look so even and tight. Did your installer have to do some foam work underneath?

Thanks! He did add a little.

When he did my 100 seats, they came out a little looser than I would’ve liked. He’s going to come back and add some foam to the bolsters. I wanted to see if the summer heat would tightened them up (it has a little), but this set looks a lot tighter.

Ultimately, new factory cushions are the way to go while they’re still available.

Last edited:
Electrical update:

I was playing with the switches in my 100 tonight and set both front seats to the max heating setting, and it blew the 15A factory seat heater circuit fuse.

Both seats on max cool is no issue. One on heat & one on cool hasn’t been an issue, but the heat does draw up to 10A per seat (Cool is 7A), so it shouldn’t have been a surprise.

I put a 20A fuse back in and will see if that holds. If not, I’ll probably run direct power through a relay.

I need to check the 80 factory seat heater circuit to see if it is up to the heating task.

20A fuse seems to have done the trick to running both on max heat. I doubt I’ll ever have both on max heat very long, if ever, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom