Seat Coolers (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s not what customers need to figure out what is preferred. It’s businesses are left to figure out how to communicate with customers. I’m sure Cam is in the same boat as myself. Some customers don’t know MUD exists. Some refuse to be on FB. Some are ONLY on IG. Then you have your cell/text but then the Apple update puts all new incoming numbers into a new “junk” panel that didn’t exist a week ago and you have to go back and figure out if they are junk or not. Then you are afraid to pick up the phone because it’s a chinese robocall or some political Dickhead.

It’s not what customers need to figure out what is preferred. It’s businesses are left to figure out how to communicate with customers. I’m sure Cam is in the same boat as myself. Some customers don’t know MUD exists. Some refuse to be on FB. Some are ONLY on IG. Then you have your cell/text but then the Apple update puts all new incoming numbers into a new “junk” panel that didn’t exist a week ago and you have to go back and figure out if they are junk or not. Then you are afraid to pick up the phone because it’s a chinese robocall or some political Dickhead.

Sounds like it's both, because it's definitely my version of the story because this happens to me several times a year. But at the end of the day, customers are typically going to be lazy and go with the path of least resistance, it doesn't really matter much to me which product I go with ultimately, but I'd imagine at some point, that will matter to the sellers. So, either they do the extra work or lose the sale. I don't have the solution here, but I'd imagine software can solve this for you.

Sounds like it's both, because it's definitely my version of the story because this happens to me several times a year. But at the end of the day, customers are typically going to be lazy and go with the path of least resistance, it doesn't really matter much to me which product I go with ultimately, but I'd imagine at some point, that will matter to the sellers. So, either they do the extra work or lose the sale. I don't have the solution here, but I'd imagine software can solve this for you.

software isn’t solving it. Every time an app comes up that can solve some of this, Apple or FaceBook shuts it down. It’s all about advertising dollars.

software isn’t solving it. Every time an app comes up that can solve some of this, Apple or FaceBook shuts it down. It’s all about advertising dollars.

Maybe it's not this easy, but if it were my business and I wasn't willing to check the messages or respond to them, I probably wouldn't set up an account and post there. In other words, if you aren't going to bother checking your IG messages or fB messages, maybe don't have a business account there, because if I go searching google for your business, and that DOESN'T show up as a top hit, I'll find whatever there is. But if the top hit is a facebook page for your business, what am I supposed to assume in that case? I'll answer, I'd assume I can find you there.

Cut them some slack. They are individuals trying to run a business pretty much on on their own and doing as best as they can. They are not some big corporation that has a full staff of employees answering emails or checking on the social media. It is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.

Last edited:
Cut them some slack. They are individual trying to run a business pretty much on on their own and doing as best as they can. They are not some big corporation that has a full staff of employees answering emails or checking on the social media. It is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.

I realize that, otherwise I wouldn't be here,bumping this old thread trying to get a hold of the vendor still seeking to do business with him. But I'm also trying to let them know, this is a real problem for small businesses and potential customers right now and they need to be aware of it. It's not really in my interest to solve it, but I could probably come up with a few ways to help it it if we're my business.

I realize that, otherwise I wouldn't be here,bumping this old thread trying to get a hold of the vendor still seeking to do business with him. But I'm also trying to let them know, this is a real problem for small businesses and potential customers right now and they need to be aware of it. It's not really in my interest to solve it, but I could probably come up with a few ways to help it it if we're my business.

It’s awesome you care enough to give feedback but for both CAM and also for myself, we are alone. Alone trying to build a business. I can guarantee every suggestion you might have either doesn’t apply to us, or we’ve already considered it, or we don’t have the deep pockets to fund it. Instead we push as hard as humanely possible to get as much eyeballs as we can. Being on multiple social media platforms gets us there. Cart before the horse. How about we build the business the best we can with the resources we have and we will do the best we can to take care of everyone?

Sometimes we will fail. Sometimes customers fail us. But we keep moving forward.

@Patassa thanks for the perspective as a customer and pointing out a weak spot in my system. I've updated the contact info, messenger FAQ, and away message to direct people to my email.

What were you Googling that took you to Facebook? I don't post on FB frequently, so I'm surprised anything popped up. Anything I've thought to search for yields my site as the top several hits. But I will try to SEO those inquiries to the website over FB.

Edit: typing while Joey posted. 1000% agree. There's only so much time & resources to go around, and I'll try to accommodate as many as I can at the level of service I try to provide in the amount of time I have.

@Patassa thanks for the perspective as a customer and pointing out a weak spot in my system. I've updated the contact info, messenger FAQ, and away message to direct people to my email.

What were you Googling that took you to Facebook? I don't post on FB frequently, so I'm surprised anything popped up. Anything I've thought to search for yields my site as the top several hits. But I will try to SEO those inquiries to the website over FB.

Edit: typing while Joey posted. 1000% agree. There's only so much time & resources to go around, and I'll try to accommodate as many as I can at the level of service I try to provide in the amount of time I have.

In your case, it's the second and third hit I get on google, I didn't see the seats on the webpage so I went to the next result. I was just trying to illustrate the point. It could just as easily be the case that a fellow vendor says "Oh I prefer FB messenger bc at least then I can see that the inquiry is coming from a real person in real time. My email is so cluttered up with spam, with 100s of emails coming in per day, I just can't filter it and get to the real messages in there". I've also gotten the "we put our latest info, deals, and offerings on our facebook paged because it costs more time and money to try and keep the webpage up to date".

1597670627968.png

That makes sense. It is now more clear to email.

Right now, leather is on the secret menu - you have to ask. It doesn’t fit my ever evolving time/profitability/customer service matrix at the moment so I took them off the site and don’t push or advertise them.

However, if someone had been eyeing them in the past and is ready to order now, I don’t want to leave them hanging.

:beer:

I just wanted to add, I am not in your shoes and I'm not trying to criticize you guys or how you run your business. I also appreciate the time y'all took to explain the problem on y'alls end for the benefit of anyone reading.

Just wanted to hop in and give my input / feedback.

80 Series vendors for the most part are all small boutique shops, and although they may have a helper or two. It's still a one man show like any small businesses. Wrenching, designing, engineering, advertising, eCommerce, communications, etc, these guys wear several hats per day. Tack on Covid, logistical interruptions, supplier shortages, business relocation's, and unfortunately family/health issues. If fast big box service is what you want, then unfortunately a jeep is really the only way your gonna get that. We are a small cult following and thus will need to have patience when trying to get custom or small batch parts.

Now for leather Cam is the only option in my book. I won't bad mouth other vendors, but Cams stuff is a much higher quality and he has custom options. In fact the quality is really night and day. Cam went out of his way to help me find a decent match, which was nearly impossible as whoever dyed it before did more correcting than a Kardashian. I did have an issue with my order and Cam took care of me. So if I'm taking the time to wright this, clearly he is doing something right. It's to bad we are loosing the best leather guy, however hopefully that time is being replaced with bigger and better things.

*Please note these were installed by me with my 1 banana skill set. I’m sure a professional or expert would achieve superior results.
1597705098342.png

1597705112873.png

1597705129737.png

Last edited:
Subscribed... as I'm considering these seat coolers/warmers as well! For those of you that have gone this route how much are upholstery shops charging to install them, just for the front seats?

Also, anyone with long term ownership of this product... being that most of us are going to be keeping our 80's indefinitely. Would a seat with this option/inserts be any less comfortable as the years go by as opposed to a seat that has been redone without it?

How warm do the seats get? Do they run on a timer and then shut off after a certain period of time?

Google as well. On the google search bar, you can specify your search to be for news, images, maps, etc.

Many moons ago, there was an option for Discussions so that you can Google search topics from online discussion forums only. Sounds super helpful right? They removed it.

Another option to keep your butt cool is the Kool Kooshion Ventilated Seat Cushion. I use them and they do help.

Set you back $13.95. Then you can invest that big cost avoidance on fuel or something else you really need.

Subscribed... as I'm considering these seat coolers/warmers as well! For those of you that have gone this route how much are upholstery shops charging to install them, just for the front seats?

Also, anyone with long term ownership of this product... being that most of us are going to be keeping our 80's indefinitely. Would a seat with this option/inserts be any less comfortable as the years go by as opposed to a seat that has been redone without it?

Typical upholstery (only) runs $300/row +/- $100, coolers usually add another $100-150/seat.

I’ve had mine about two years, have had no change in comfort, but will continue to monitor the situation!

How warm do the seats get? Do they run on a timer and then shut off after a certain period of time?

They do get plenty warm in heating mode, especially on high. There are three settings, so you could keep them on low indefinitely. There’s no timer, but you do want to put them on switched power so they don’t stay on when you turn the vehicle off.

Heat is produced by more amperage, and an almost imperceptible fan speed, which gives a greater delta T than in cooling mode. The heat feels similar to an element style heater. Airflow is almost zero.

These appear to be Land Cruiser Quality Leathers for Land Cruisers!

Nice!

Typical upholstery (only) runs $300/row +/- $100, coolers usually add another $100-150/seat.

Thanks for the info Cam! I went to a local (well reputed) installer yesterday, and they priced the front row at $600 (2 seats, 2 head rests, center consol cover, and 2 small inserts on the doors, along with adding some foam to the worn-out driver seat). If I wanted the coolers installed, it would be another $100/seat, for a grand total of $800. Does that sound about right, or the install is still overpriced??

I must also add that the same shop installed the same leather covers (on a different 80) for the front row @3 years ago for $450 (no coolers). They are saying they have no shortage of work and it's a very time consuming job.

I completed my order today. I can't wait to get the hardware. Have any of you guys "home installed" the full setup with heaters and coolers? I'm crazy busy with work these days and am wondering how much time it would take to tackle a job like this myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom