Seat Coolers (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bump...

These aren’t set up for coolers, but here’s a pic of the leather in dark brown w/contrast stitching. @bdyer12 is putting these in his daughter’s LX450.

I’ll be posting these for sale in the vendor section soon, as well as streamlining the ordering process on the website.

5270BC11-D7C2-4745-BBAC-54307FE548B9.jpeg

Here’s a couple of installed pics of the set above:

C5C11DE3-9DFB-4C59-9B7D-3A3E154B5E7D.jpeg

3350B312-C497-44E6-B165-243CA3B26514.jpeg

We can also do embroidery. So if you want a TEQ logo, or a shop logo (hint @NLXTACY for your new whip), we can hook you up.

Here’s a heated & cooled set for Delta in the 91-92 cloth/manual pattern:

3F6EDD2A-712C-4B30-B8E8-66C4D24D583D.jpeg

5B9169C1-1940-4795-9181-B05D914ED125.jpeg

17C0D0E9-99F7-4BD7-977A-9AB4F70CDB8F.jpeg

The distribution pads are recessed into the foam so that they are not seen or felt. The easiest way is to slice the foam to depth with a razor blade in strips or cross-cross pattern, and remove the pieces.

Result:

View attachment 1776175

How did you manage to attach the leather to the seat bottom and back through the distribution pad? Seems like the pad is blocking the metal wire to which the leather is supposed to hog-ring to.

How did you manage to attach the leather to the seat bottom and back through the distribution pad? Seems like the pad is blocking the metal wire to which the leather is supposed to hog-ring to.

It does block the wire - those attachment points are skipped. There are enough remaining attachment points to get a good fit.

It does block the wire - those attachment points are skipped. There are enough remaining attachment points to get a good fit.

Interesting, thanks for the reply!

Did you leave the metal wire in place on the leather cover in that location? I would assume so, since without it there wouldn't be a distinct "crease" in the seat cover. But if the wire is still there, wouldn't it apply pressure on the distribution pad, essentially splitting it in half (and not allowing airflow between the two newly created sections)?

Interesting, thanks for the reply!

Did you leave the metal wire in place on the leather cover in that location? I would assume so, since without it there wouldn't be a distinct "crease" in the seat cover. But if the wire is still there, wouldn't it apply pressure on the distribution pad, essentially splitting it in half (and not allowing airflow between the two newly created sections)?

The crease comes from the separate panels being sewn together from the back. The metal wire used to secure the hog rings would not be used above the air distribution pads. They do contribute to the fit, but not enough for concern, IMO, if one wants the luxury of cooled seats.

Here’s some installed pics from earlier in the thread, they don’t look much, if any, different than non-cooled seats:

69084963-BBF1-4763-994D-3C80D1F9E7B6.jpeg

Last edited:
Can you feel the pad or vent tube in the seat at all when in use?

I missed this reply - no, you don’t feel the vent tube. The pad is recessed into the seat foam, so you don’t “feel” it per se as a separate object in the seat, but you do sit on it as it is now the top layer of seat foam.

The air pad and reticulated foam, in the few installs I’ve sat in, have had a slightly firmer feel than the original seat (with old original foam). Not in a way that detracts from comfort tho. But necessary so that the air distribution system doesn’t collapse and choke.

The crease comes from the separate panels being sewn together from the back. The metal wire used to secure the hog rings would not be used above the air distribution pads. They do contribute to the fit, but not enough for concern, IMO, if one wants the luxury of cooled seats.

Here’s some installed pics from earlier in the thread, they don’t look much, if any, different than non-cooled seats:

Thanks again for the reply. Last question - if i wanted to go for a PERFECT fit, do you think it would be possible to attach the seat bottom using the attachment point that you skipped in your install, through the distribution pad? And then split the air duct going to the pad, supplying both "halves" of the pad?

Thanks again for the reply. Last question - if i wanted to go for a PERFECT fit, do you think it would be possible to attach the seat bottom using the attachment point that you skipped in your install, through the distribution pad? And then split the air duct going to the pad, supplying both "halves" of the pad?

I would not recommend it, but if you do it and it works please post up!

I noticed the website has "idividual seat coolers", at like 887. Any idea of the cost for both front seats for a 100? Thanks

I noticed the website has "idividual seat coolers", at like 887. Any idea of the cost for both front seats for a 100? Thanks

$1695, and comes with all of the small pieces (arm rest, console, headrest, etc). Individual seats just have the seat bottom & back.

Any prediction when or if production will come back online? I sent a message on Facebook but never heard back. Thanks

Any prediction when or if production will come back online? I sent a message on Facebook but never heard back. Thanks

+1

I’m just seeing this for the 1st time / I’m not on FB.

@FJ60Cam - kick a PM my way next time you’re around - I’ve got grey leather in my ‘97 that if I’m going to recover, heat & cool may as well happen.

+1

@FJ60Cam - kick a PM my way next time you’re around - I’ve got grey leather in my ‘97 that if I’m going to recover, heat & cool may as well happen.

Sorry, I meant to ask that to Mr. Mosely. His website says Covid shut down the leather production, not sure if that's changed or it's still down.

+1

Emails are best, trying to keep up with messages on multiple social media outlets, mud, as well as mail, phone, text, etc is impossible while I'm a one man operation.

Production has resumed, though some colors are out of stock. The grey vinyl used in the great set was out of stock a few weeks ago, but I would expect that to come back in faster than the leather. Lead times are longer - about 2-3 weeks right now.

I took these off the website for a bit. These are a high-maintainence /low-margin product for me, and I've just moved into a shop that I've been renovating, so I'm slammed trying to get caught up. That, coupled with the corona issues, I just decided to take them down while the dust settles.

That said, I can order them for anyone who is ready - send an email through the website with your truck details, full shipping & contact info, request an invoice.

Emails are best, trying to keep up with messages on multiple social media outlets, mud, as well as mail, phone, text, etc is impossible while I'm a one man operation.

Production has resumed, though some colors are out of stock. The grey vinyl used in the great set was out of stock a few weeks ago, but I would expect that to come back in faster than the leather. Lead times are longer - about 2-3 weeks right now.

I took these off the website for a bit. These are a high-maintainence /low-margin product for me, and I've just moved into a shop that I've been renovating, so I'm slammed trying to get caught up. That, coupled with the corona issues, I just decided to take them down while the dust settles.

That said, I can order them for anyone who is ready - send an email through the website with your truck details, full shipping & contact info, request an invoice.

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

And I get it, with the over saturation of incoming media streams, but the problem is the customers are left to guess which one is easier for you or which one you would prefer. We have no way of knowing that you prefer email, John Doe prefers facebook messenger, and Johnny Doez prefers instagram direct messages. I've run into this issue several times over the last couple of years, and what seems to be expected is that somehow the customer is supposed to just figure this out. My question is always, ok, great, but how was I supposed to know that? I'm left to assume that if the seller isn't willing to spend the time checking the various platforms that he's advertised on, he must not need the business. So it's almost better to pull the ads/pages from the platforms you don't really care to check, otherwise, customers go unnoticed, and trust me, we don't appreciate being ignored. *even if we weren't intentionally ignored*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom