screwed by Jim at OCD Tops (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i ordered a top from Jim July 3rd. he said two weeks max. after sending him $1015.00.....nothing. i have called and e-mailed with no response. Trollhole was a rep for him and tried to assist me the last month to get my money back. i dont know if i am more disapointed that i did not get my top or the way this whole mess is being handled. i had to purchase a complete set of Paki bows for $1000.00 for the top. so now im down over $2000.00 and i have nothing to show for it. remember Jim....what comes around goes around, and you are due.

well i needed a top and i missed out on the one listed on Ebay i needed. i just purchased the 72 fj40 and heard good things about his tops. he responded in less than a day and i placed the order. i found a set of factory soft doors and i tried to contact him about a price on the soft doors and if he could ship them at the same time as the top. i have not heard from him since. i knew something went bad after a month with no response. not happy.....

that sucks
I think that guy is a a****** from what I hear

Hopefully your bank will be able to get the money back for you. Sounds like a case of fraud of some sort. I have had similar things happen and my bank was willing to chase it down, but I didn't have such a large sum involved and just let it go as a life lesson. But for that much money...I would get my money back. People need to think twice b4 in ripping other people off, cuz once you do it to the wrong person payback can be harsh.

Curious did you deal with Trollhole to start with or was he just trying to help you? Thought the tops being handle by Marshall were going pretty smoothly.

Curious did you deal with Trollhole to start with or was he just trying to help you? Thought the tops being handle by Marshall were going pretty smoothly.

They were but he ended up having past customers that I knew nothing about. When I tried to help them I basically got nowhere with Jim. I tried and I even considered hanging on just to help them at the expense of my name. But my family comes first. There are about 6 people due money or tops from his past dealings. I did manage to get a few taken care of. I'm sorry to those I couldn't help.

My understanding Jim is selling all his equipment to someone else in town and training them to make the tops. They will be selling them on ebay I think.

i had to purchase a complete set of Paki bows for $1000.00 for the top. so now im down over $2000.00 and i have nothing to show for it.

So you don't have your bows either?

So, the dude is nothing but a fxxxing thief who needs some time in jail.

HE IS STEALING MONEY and that constitutes a crime, last time I checked.

Why doesn't someone turn this cocksucker in to the police?

Trollhole, you know where he lives, turn him in.

Fxxx that guy.

My understanding Jim is selling all his equipment to someone else in town and training them to make the tops. They will be selling them on ebay I think.

Jim told me the same. I am still waiting on a top (ordered on July 3 as well...on ebay), but he has responded to my emails recently and said before he stops he is going to take care of all outstanding orders. So you may yet get your top.

I am willing to be patient and hopeful.

I don't know much about any of this, except from reading some posts here. But they do bring the well-known Einstein's definition of "insanity" to mind...

They were but he ended up having past customers that I knew nothing about. When I tried to help them I basically got nowhere with Jim. I tried and I even considered hanging on just to help them at the expense of my name. But my family comes first. There are about 6 people due money or tops from his past dealings. I did manage to get a few taken care of. I'm sorry to those I couldn't help.

Thanks for the response Marshall. I know your not the first one to try and make this work for the cruiser community. You gave it a good shot. I'm sure no one here blames you in any way. Just glad for a update so I know it would be real risky to try and get a early soft top from him.

Your name hasn't been tarnished by this in my book. The shenanigans with JP on the FJ45 adventure to MN last year is another matter.:rolleyes:

:cheers:

not this s***.jpg

I believe the law is if it is not reported within three months to the authority/lawsuit then your money is the sellers at that point no matter if you get your stuff or not. Better do something before then or he can tell you to pound sand and not get in any trouble for it.

For all of the do-gooder intentions out there, the only way to make anything good out of OCD would have been to take the Jim out of it. Maybe the person buying the equipment understands that. No one else has.

LOL

This was so very obviously the outcome when dealing with OCD tops.

LOL

:popcorn::meh::bang:

Idiots, Woody was right to ban the guy and his bull****.

Ironic some people tried to "cure" the issues and gave up:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom