Ripped off by Nick Atwell of Backwoods Overland in MD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was curious if by chance anyone else has been ripped off by this guy https://backwoodsoverland.com/about-us-2/?
I paid him over $5k for an RLD canopy topper for my Ram, over 2 years ago. As I understand it RLD stopped fulfilling canopy orders right around the time I placed my order with Nick. He's been promising me for literal years he will return my money, and has told me at least 5 times that my check is in the mail. He never picks up his phone, rarely answers texts, and I believe his company is now defunct. I did my research on him prior to the purchase, all of the forums claimed he was a stand up guy, unfortunately he's an outright thief and a straight up liar. I have my paid receipt and all of the emails and texts between us, anyone have any experience on how I could actually get my money back?

I was curious if by chance anyone else has been ripped off by this guy https://backwoodsoverland.com/about-us-2/?
I paid him over $5k for an RLD canopy topper for my Ram, over 2 years ago. As I understand it RLD stopped fulfilling canopy orders right around the time I placed my order with Nick. He's been promising me for literal years he will return my money, and has told me at least 5 times that my check is in the mail. He never picks up his phone, rarely answers texts, and I believe his company is now defunct. I did my research on him prior to the purchase, all of the forums claimed he was a stand up guy, unfortunately he's an outright thief and a straight up liar. I have my paid receipt and all of the emails and texts between us, anyone have any experience on how I could actually get my money back?
Maybe Luigi and Domenics collection service , if not that small debts court if you were in Canada and could find the guy . I don't know how it works south of the medicine line.

2 YEARS?

WTF?

I'm sure there's a statute of limitations and you're SOL. If he went bankrupt like another on here, then you have a limited time to make a claim.

Get an attorney. Send certified mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom