SAS SAS #3 Official Thread 2019 (2 Viewers)

SAS #3 Color choices

• Capri Blue

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Sky Blue

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Pollux Orange

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Olive Green

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Spring Green

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Cadet Blue

• Dune Beige

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Rustic Green

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Freeborn Red

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Yellow / Mustard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

is that Dave Gore or Jimmy Johnson's bumper?
It’s actually Marks bumper. He’s “fourrunner” here on mud. Great product but you have to weld it yourself or pay someone to do it. Was the first project my oldest and I did about 7-8 years ago. When he upgraded to the 80 frame I stole this from him :)

I’m so glad I was able to come this year to SAS!!! Even drove a bit myself on the trails. Makes me want to bring Kirby next year. My dad (@dogfishlake), wasn’t kidding at all when he said everyone is like family. It was amazing to meet the people my dad talks so highly of. I must admit, I definitely got emotional saying goodbye, so eventually I had to hide in the truck to keep it together. I’m going to come to every SAS I can from here on out!! Pictures to come soon!
It was super cool hangin’ out with you and talking with you! Super happy you decided to come this year instead of hanging back. Hope to see you next year in that awesome patina 40?? (Kinda) sorry Pat! 🤣

I did help set up the photo... 😉🤣🙃
We can't thank you enough for pitching in and keeping some order in our loosely organized gathering. You effort is much appreciated.

Alec, at the top of Imogene just before the hail storm.

View attachment 2057004
Unfortunately, a Thursday hailstorm hit about the time I was winching my '86 FJ60 up an obstacle on Imogene Pass using @Dirtydawg's Cruiser as a most welcome anchor point. I really appreciate his help in overcoming my transfer case issue to get me and Kay up to the top, especially pulling us up the last stretch. I was surprised I got so far as I did in 2WD. And @POTATO LAUNCHER's loan of a pry bar. And @CenTXFJ60's help with the winch controller. Now I just have to come up with a permanent fix for the linkage/detent - tying the lever to the seat mount bracket just doesn't cut it.

Back home after 3,350-ish road miles and a couple hundred on the trails, got home last night just before midnight. Thanks so much to @POTATO LAUNCHER and everyone else who organized it, and especially the Cooper State Cruisers (@murf @Saddletramp @samtoddlee @Pitch ), who made Daniel and I feel like family. Glad to get together with @Dilspec again, and lots of new friends. And @The Jade Bean 's coffee is outstanding, made a pot at home this morning. Got a ton of pictures I'll be sorting through tonight, but here are a few.

Monday: Engineer Pass
View attachment 2056321
View attachment 2056322

Tuesday: Imogene
View attachment 2056323
View attachment 2056324
View attachment 2056325
I think I got a pic of you sitting out on the rock at Odom Point... not sure who it is but it maybe you...
F2DEDF81-DD11-4238-88A7-8FAA2D63D483.jpeg

06965EEB-C928-48B3-A6B5-921447F74A88.jpeg

I am working on some videos from our adventure and I want to know what you think.... how long should these videos be? 10min, 20mins or I could easily do 30 mins.... what would you most likely watch? It will be a mixture of photos and shot video clips. I was going to do one day per video as I have a lot of footage.... here’s a few...oh and I will be including nature shots and the LOVELY flowers. So, guys who’s ladies did not come this year you can show them the beauty of nature as well as the beauty of the cruisers in nature. 😉🙃😊
I would greatly appreciate your feedback as most of you will be in the videos esp if you were on the trail with us.
✌🏽🙏🏼🌻
Here’s a few pics for now...
FDAB6895-DFD5-48A5-AF1C-2C4B216813B5.jpeg

EE2B93DF-C626-416A-BB2D-984FCBC07361.jpeg

Bill, @cornboy, looks like you chopped your rig, lol
CF9E0512-61EC-4A6D-BB09-EC03219C1FAA.jpeg

B1ECCB89-5DB2-4CED-914C-108C21592816.jpeg

AF29DE7E-E1CB-41A3-9236-5A8109C0659D.jpeg

Thanks so much for making sure I was okay on the trail you guys were so awesome! Love the 40 too!

Any time! How much did you drive on the trails this year? Perfect place to really learn your rig and to knock that fear out young! I did not drive this year... maybe next year! Maybe... 😬
You guys rock!

Last edited:
I think whatever works best for you @Mesa Woman . It is so cool that you do this. I sure had a good time getting to know you and @mesa man more. You guys are great.

Any time! How much did you drive on the trails this year? Perfect place to really learn your rig and to knock that fear out young! I did not drive this year... maybe next year! Maybe... 😬
You guys rock!

Yes ma’am it’s amazing to learn when your young, because after that it’s all just experience right?! I did Owl Creek pass on Wednesday. It was pretty fun driving up and watching all the washboards and picking my lines! Definitely can’t wait to do some “actual” trails next year in the 40 (Oh and manual transmission too ;)). I guess we’ll both be the noobs next year!

Yes ma’am it’s amazing to learn when your young, because after that it’s all just experience right?! I did Owl Creek pass on Wednesday. It was pretty fun driving up and watching all the washboards and picking my lines! Definitely can’t wait to do some “actual” trails next year in the 40 (Oh and manual transmission too ;)). I guess we’ll both be the noobs next year!
I was gonna see about ding Owl Creek as well... lol. But I was enjoying the ride. Hehehe...
I have not heard of this 40 you speak of yet.... sounds PERFECT for #4, those 40s need to come out and play!

I was gonna see about ding Owl Creek as well... lol. But I was enjoying the ride. Hehehe...
I have not heard of this 40 you speak of yet.... sounds PERFECT for #4, those 40s need to come out and play!

Which 40? :grinpimp: There’s 3 of them currently in the family, two of which we plan on bringing up to #4. I guess cruisers really are a disease:rofl:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom