Run of the Month (ROTM) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

August doesn't work for me but I could probably lead one September 21st. It'll start cooling off overnight so if we got an early start, temperatures shouldn't be bad. Thinking of a couple options just north of the valley so we could be home early afternoon at the latest.
Any interest???

There is always interest...post up and they will come. :)

Well, let's do it then. Post to follow.

Gunna go ahead and call the 2020 Rug Road Run/Turkey Creek Camp to be November 7&8. Can also do 14&15, but want to do it early November to stay away from Thanksgiving.

Anyone else have a run they want to claim, let me know and I'll put a calendar together....and put it somewhere......

1596514999735.png

Gunna go ahead and call the 2020 Rug Road Run/Turkey Creek Camp to be November 7&8. Can also do 14&15, but want to do it early November to stay away from Thanksgiving.

Anyone else have a run they want to claim, let me know and I'll put a calendar together....and put it somewhere......

View attachment 2393047

@JunkCrzr89 @CruiseLanderAZ @knewstance we should put some of our planning on the books.

I’d like to have a crown king run, Northern AZ Traverse, and something into the Sierra Anchas. Need to put something on the cal to look forward to

@JunkCrzr89 @CruiseLanderAZ @knewstance we should put some of our planning on the books.

I’d like to have a crown king run, Northern AZ Traverse, and something into the Sierra Anchas. Need to put something on the cal to look forward to
Anytime before October 6, which is the next alien’s due date. Sadly, I’ll be romping in 4Runner until 100 is fixed or I get another one...

I'm off Aug 26th till the end of the month! I just need to get camping stuff a little more in order before going. Otherwise, my 100 is ready to roll.

I'm off Aug 26th till the end of the month! I just need to get camping stuff a little more in order before going. Otherwise, my 100 is ready to roll.

Anytime before October 6, which is the next alien’s due date. Sadly, I’ll be romping in 4Runner until 100 is fixed or I get another one...

@geanes is planning on paying us a visit sometime in the Fall, would be cool to coordinate some of this stuff with his trip.

View attachment 2393047

I am still planning to lead a CSC run on Rug Road November 7th & 8th. I am also pre-running the route October 17th and 18th, which is an open invite to any one and any brand rig. I will post a trail report for everyone to make their decision on whether to run it. It was pretty chewed up last year, but we didn't get that much rain this summer, so it may not have changed much. If you would like to join the pre-run, meet me at the Rug Road trailhead off Copper Creek Road at 9:00am Saturday the 17th.

Cheers.

I am still planning to lead a CSC run on Rug Road November 7th & 8th. I am also pre-running the route October 17th and 18th, which is an open invite to any one and any brand rig. I will post a trail report for everyone to make their decision on whether to run it. It was pretty chewed up last year, but we didn't get that much rain this summer, so it may not have changed much. If you would like to join the pre-run, meet me at the Rug Road trailhead off Copper Creek Road at 9:00am Saturday the 17th.

Cheers.
I hope to be there in November for the run. I have family visiting for your pre run. Be safe!

Cheers.
Directions?

Meet here at 9:00am on Saturday morning: Mammoth

We will roll out at 9:15 and it should take most of the day to get to Turkey Creek. We will camp, and either head back the way we came, or take the long way home via Klondike to I10 and back up to Tucson.

THe GPX of the run in 2018 is attached. Call me with questions at 501-772-6109. Please leave a message because I get so many darn junk calls, I dont answer if I dont recognize the number.

Comms on trail will be 2m on 146.460Mhz.

GPX viewer

Attachments

• rug-road-102018.gpx
    318.2 KB · Views: 203
Meet here at 9:00am on Saturday morning: Mammoth

We will roll out at 9:15 and it should take most of the day to get to Turkey Creek. We will camp, and either head back the way we came, or take the long way home via Klondike to I10 and back up to Tucson.

THe GPX of the run in 2018 is attached. Call me with questions at 501-772-6109. Please leave a message because I get so many darn junk calls, I dont answer if I dont recognize the number.

Comms on trail will be 2m on 146.460Mhz.

GPX viewer

for sure on the 7-8th. Looking forward to camping with you again.

The pre-run in complete and Rug Road is about as knarly as is it ever is. The SXSs have been up and down it, so it is a bit churned up but nothing too bad. The lack of rain this year means there is not much erosion over last year, by still plenty of challenges. I sliced a sidewall on my 35 MTs, so I will be back on the 33 KO2s and taking it a bit easier. Should be a good run, and about the same pace as last year. Our moving time was 5:25 with a total time of 7:45. Camping at Turkey Creek was awesome with temps in the low 50s. Really looking forward to it, but I do have some work to do on the 80 ahead of diving back in.

Current trail condition, I would rate at a 6/10, with 1 being dirt roads/2WD, and 10 being guaranteed panel damage. Lift and 33s are enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom