Events/Trails Events/Trails - Arizona Peace Trail South Half 4/5 - 4/10/2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dimples

I owe my soul to the TRD store.
Threads
This is a six day run that will cover a lot of different Arizona landscapes over 292 miles. EDIT: The trail will start in Salome on 4/5 at 11am end in Quartzite on the 10th. There will be a group meeting in Wickenburg for breakfast at Horseshoe Cafe. Trail Conditions vary from easy to moderate. 33+ inch tires are recommended. you will need a state trust land permit available here Recreational Permits | Arizona State Land Department. There are several refuel/resupply points along the trail. Please only sign up if you can commit to the whole 6 days as the schedule will be somewhat fluid so I cannot say when we will be at a certain place.

Last edited:
Just put in my request for the time off:bounce::steer:

Depending on attendance I will probably bring the CSC Grill for shared cooking/potluck meals. And maybe the new double burner flat top griddle.

Just uploaded the track into Gaia, downloaded the offline map and satellite imagery, and checked the historical weather data. Looks like this is going to be a good run with better weather. 78 for the mean highs and 57 for the average lows (Not elevation corrected)

Just got trip stickers delivered
image.jpg

There's a chance I might make this run. Already have the time requested off.

If there's a range day, I have a bunch of .223 left over from my days on the job. Wouldn't mind getting rid of it. EDIT TO ADD: I don't have an AR any more, so if you have one and want to shoot up some free ammo, let me know.

Last edited:
I will absolutely be there for the duration. Just letting others who cannot join for 6 days know they can come for a few days if they can swing it. I'm definately in for the full run. Looking forward to this run for sure.

I wish so bad I could make this trip. Unfortunately I will be wrapping up at a work conference near the northern end of the peace trail (Laughlin, NV) on April 3rd. I'll see if I can pull off some sort of miracle and get there. The 11am start in Salome is helpful ;)

Ron, I’m going to do to be doing the the Adopt-a-Trail clean up and work part at Mt Ord on the 4th. I would like to meet up with you at either your first night camp site or your second, have you settled on specific sites and are you ok with people trying to catch up? @Otter @brices123 and a few others have expressed interest in going after the Mt Ord work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom