ROTF lt1fire (Now a buy back and rebuild thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet update.:cheers:

What do you think of the tires? I have the same ones and I get all kinds of questions on them, and I really don't have that many miles on them to share with others. What BS & width on the rims are you running?

Awesome writeup :)

I also got my screen name from my F-body ;)

When I first started using the interweb, I bought a brand new 98 T/A :cool:

Hit the local drag strip the next day and beat a pair of older Viper R/T 10's and a modded Cobra :D

When I pulled around to the burnout box on my last run, the announcer said "Here comes the SNAKE EATER" and I've been stuck with the username eversince :doh:

Here's an old sales video I made:

YouTube - 98 SNAKE EATER FOR SALE!!

What do you think of the tires? I have the same ones and I get all kinds of questions on them, and I really don't have that many miles on them to share with others. What BS & width on the rims are you running?

They aren't the greatest as they have no sidewall lugs on the tires. They also don't do that bad either and aren't that loud on the highway, driven 7 hours to the outer banks 4 times with them now. Quieter than the old RTII's.

I can't remember the back spacing off the top of my head but it isn't much.

Width is IMHO too wide and wish I could get them cut down. they are 9 or 10's if I remember.

I don't air down too much with them for that reason.

For the price for me they are just right though. Can't wait till the military decides to sell off all the MTR's they have sitting around.

Awesome writeup :)

I also got my screen name from my F-body ;)

When I first started using the interweb, I bought a brand new 98 T/A :cool:

Hit the local drag strip the next day and beat a pair of older Viper R/T 10's and a modded Cobra :D

When I pulled around to the burnout box on my last run, the announcer said "Here comes the SNAKE EATER" and I've been stuck with the username eversince :doh:

Here's an old sales video I made:

YouTube - 98 SNAKE EATER FOR SALE!!

Cool clip

I do miss my f-body's and someday will have to break down and get an 05+ GTO to make up for it.

I remember when you had the 98 for sale and I was contemplating it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm kind of addicted to Mud! Yours is coming along nicely.

How do you like the 4.88's?

Haven't put the brakes back on yet..... there's been all this white powdery stuff outside on the ground :D

Old bumper, stuck a little too far out. I always liked the way it looked but I got it hung up a few times last year. I really liked the unique look of the bumper and never thought I would sell it but two things happened at once. One a guy that had seen my truck in four wheeler last year contacted me about how much he loved the way it looked. I figured that would be a good home for it to go to. And two I was offered a killer deal (trade on some old tires) for a modified high clearance ARB from a buddy of mine.
5504595368_076d1f887d_z.jpg

5504595376_c99d2c33ae_z.jpg

After I removed the old one I decided to paint the grill and the light frames. So off they came.
5504595382_f14100294b_z.jpg

Painted grill
5504595386_65e7599f20_z.jpg

Bumper installed, much more clearance and even more when I do a hawse fairlead. I might chop the ARB some more.
5504609218_5aecb6e6e4_z.jpg

5504609224_f7cee7e417_z.jpg

Finally installed my winch
5504595392_31b0c553f2_z.jpg

If you are ever in the 80's forum chances you've seen the new LED reverse lights everyone is buying. Didn't think much of it till I ran into a tree stump testing out my cruiser the other day because the stock ones weren't throwing out enough light.
First is the new one and stock one for comparison, next is both of them together, and finally the amount of light it threw on my house from 50 feet away (the last pic had the flash turned off, This is how much light they throw out)
5763657290_5ef4f65566.jpg

5763109947_bc3f094502.jpg

5763657948_a797ba7d12.jpg

Have you used winch yet and if so how do you like it?

Have you used winch yet and if so how do you like it?
Not yet haven't needed to

But they seem to get good reviews from people I know with the same one.

Last edited:
Amazing. Who do you order from, part # and is it same size for LC & LX?
Yes, search for the super bright reverse light thread on here

jlclighting.com

Last edited:
So back at the lowes car show I threw my business card into a drawing for a company that sells after market accessories.
Last week I got an email saying I had won and was about to just pick something for my sisters car until I saw that they actually had something for the cruiser. I figured what the hell as they were free and ordered these smoked LED taillights
They throw off a little more light than the stock ones and hardly use any power. They don't line up as well as the OEM ones but well enough and if I decide I don't like them i'll just sell em.

5786247270_8c2a02867d_z.jpg

5785693649_33b6da3181_z.jpg

5786247914_7a9e654482_z.jpg

They do make an old rig look new though

I thought about it quite a bit. I could get an lt1 for cheap or an ls1 for a little bit more..... but in the end I just wanted to go diesel.

I do miss the sound and the power of that camaro running up to 160+ that one time (you should ask Andrea about that experience)

There's an lsx car in my future for sure but not in the 80

in the end for your setup diesel is the way to go- my 60 with lt-1 is absolutely the the best utilitarian/hwy setup ever- sound of a 3" exhaust is like a nasty 'Vette and you just smile the whole time smoking porsches.

So back at the lowes car show I threw my business card into a drawing for a company that sells after market accessories.
Last week I got an email saying I had won and was about to just pick something for my sisters car until I saw that they actually had something for the cruiser. I figured what the hell as they were free and ordered these smoked LED taillights
They throw off a little more light than the stock ones and hardly use any power. They don't line up as well as the OEM ones but well enough and if I decide I don't like them i'll just sell em.

I like the "smoke" look they have, I have the regular ones from Ebay but if you ever decide you want to get rid of them let me know I would be interested in them. What was the company name you won them from? I wonder if I could order a set?

I like the "smoke" look they have, I have the regular ones from Ebay but if you ever decide you want to get rid of them let me know I would be interested in them. What was the company name you won them from? I wonder if I could order a set?

KT CAMPUS INC I think there were out of california

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom