RIP Marlin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh NOOOOOO!

So sad! He was a good man.😢

Last edited:
Just found out a few hours ago, very sad to hear of his passing.:(🙏

RIP Marlin , You Will be missed

030 (4).jpg

Any specifics? Cause?

Thi is a great loss to the Toyota community. RIP Marlin.

If not, for his ingenuity, we would not have as many options to play with, in our Toyotas. He will be missed.

This just became a little more sentimental to me.
20230310_175426.jpg

RIP legend.
I'm new to the scene, but have some well connected friends who connected me with Mr. Marlin when I was having difficulty with something. He and his wife were passing through my area on vacation and came to my house to help me. Amazing.

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

What a loss, super nice Guy that I was honored to have wheeled with !! Just saw him at the last central Coast Land Cruiser Christmas party and he seemed to be in good health and spirits.
RIP !!! You Will BE MISSED

Last edited:
A legend & pioneer for Toyota fans, indeed. He will be missed by a very large (and greatful) community.

Been a week or so and still such a tough one to take. Life just isn't fair and it seems like the good ones get taken too early.

I remember the first time I met him back in I would say in 1998 maybe? I traded him a r151f for a dual case unit. Was a great guy to deal with and always so fun to talk to for all these years, Always a pillar of our community and I enjoyed every last interaction I had with him for all these years. My thoughts go out to his family, blood and community... Crawl on Brother..

RIP.

I first met Marlin at the first Falls in Surprise Cyn. about 1998 or so. He was trying to crawl it in triple stupid low, but it was just too wet to have enough traction for that.
The second time I met him was at a swap-meet near Bakersfield in 2017 or 2018. We got to talk then and after some discussion he remembered meeting me in Surprise Cyn. Not me in particular, but he recalled that particular trip and that some Toyota folks had come up behind them while they were working their way up the Falls.
Both times he was a Gentleman. Even when distracted by what they were doing in Surprise Cyn. and needing to pay attention to all of the winching.
In between those two meetings I once called the shop with what might have been a mildly hair-brained idea and my call was shuttled to Marlin where we discussed it. He thought it a promising idea and wanted me to keep him updated if I pursued it. It's been side-lined for a long time, and now I can't update him on it. :(

Such an Icon, Inspiration, and now Legend! Innovated and Contributed Relentlessly to Toyota. And never, ever forgot a face or name!!!
Crawl On MC!

So sad.
Marlin rebuilt the carb for my '76 FJ40 last year while I was getting the engine rebuilt. I was impressed with him as a quality person before I even got my rig back and running. His kindness, time, attention to detail and PATIENCE with me on the phone while he explained what he was doing and educating me about my carb was amazing. I always had a smile on my face after our conversations.

Needless to say, the carb runs as good as it looks. It's even more special now because he signed it.
Godspeed Marlin, you will be missed.
83CA057E-D1FC-469D-BB7A-36226022CAAC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom