Manglers "Flying Egg" Resto-Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Guess who's back? Back again?

After a long hiatus, i am now back in the Cruiser game.

Some of you that have been around awhile (@KLF from our YT days) might know me from threads of stupid mods back in the day that ended up working great and getting stickied, such as:

-Retrofitting 80 series Elockers into an FJ60
-First US install of an LRA aux tank into an 80 using all OEM parts from OZ including overhead factory aux tank fuel gauge and OEM sub tank button
-Racing an 80 in the Baja1000 and giving that @cruiseroutfit fella a kick in the pants to start racing...

Anyway... After a couple years of searching for "THE ONE", I finally found it, oddly, from a long time friend and fellow Cruisernerd and got it home...

210k On The Clock
Bone Stock
Cool Box Fridge Thing

Immaculate interior to the point its kinda sketchy, not even the usual tears in seats or anything at all

Not a speck of rust anywhere underneath, flawless

Radiator was replaced at dealer as preventive maintenance

Its one of the cleanest i've seen, but needs some obvious TLC (see what i did there?) due to the mileage.

I will be covering the restoration and mods here, but the vibe of the "build" portion will be following the legendary @TeCKis300 keep it light and stealthy mantra

Immediate "Needs" to figure out what all these fancy weird buttons and options do

Immediate "Fixes" are LCAs, which will snowball into UCA, which will snowball into suspension, which will snowball into replacing every single control arm front and rear, and since i am in there, i might as well DBA all the brakes, etc... due to mileage. :)

Also need to replace the door lock actuators in the rear, Do all at once?

Immediate "Mods" will be Slee Step Sliders

Without further ado, here are some obligatory first day poser pics 🖕😂🖕

200_1.jpg

200_2.jpg
200_3.jpg

200_4.jpg

200_5.jpg

Last edited:
I still remember you wheeling the piss out of that leased white Taco. Wow that was a long time ago...

I still remember you wheeling the piss out of that leased white Taco. Wow that was a long time ago...

Yes sir…

Remember bringing it to dealer and told them the leaf springs bent “on a pothole” and they warrantied it all.. Man I did some dumb things 😂

Hope all is well sir! Is that Karl fella still around?

Ha I haven't seen or heard from Karl for at least 15 years. Last I knew he was working on installing a Supra engine in that white 4Runner, but no Idea if he ever got it done.

I also wonder where Charlie Horn is these days.

Welcome to the white Cruiser club.

Ha I haven't seen or heard from Karl for at least 15 years. Last I knew he was working on installing a Supra engine in that white 4Runner, but no Idea if he ever got it done.

I also wonder where Charlie Horn is these days.

If you happen to have Karl’s phone # please DM me…

I’m pretty sure Charlie is likely wandering around in the woods somewhere looking for fungus

If you happen to have Karl’s phone # please DM me…
Went through my contacts... Nothin, sorry. Maybe try FB or LinkedIn, neither of which I use.

You should put a PowerBrake big brake kit so it can handle all the Tacos you’re going to load up with.

Will be doing brake upgrade for sure

But now…. I’m going to get tacos since you said tacos and @KLF mentioned tacos and now I need tacos

Went through my contacts... Nothin, sorry. Maybe try FB or LinkedIn, neither of which I use.

I don’t have either. Oh well…. All good

welcome back

get rid of that ghetto tint

Thanks and No

I’m a Ginger and have pretty extensive skin cancer from years of working outside. Next surgery is in 2 weeks.

Tint will stay, and likely be redone even darker to protect my pretty face 😜

Welcome back indeed. I just saw your post in the pic thread and had a “whoa” moment from a name I hadn’t seen in a long time.

Finally moved from the moonglow 80 to the white 200 club myself.

Enjoy the ride !

If anyone wants these for FREE.99, i need to get rid of these, zero use for them, and already have 4 sets of various wheels laying around.

Wifey doesnt share in the same enthusiasm in wheel collection activities

Did i mention FREE?

Located in San Diego near the 5/52 freeways, pickup ONLY

Possible deliver within 15 minute radius if you buy Tacos

View attachment 3591625

Dang, I wish you were closer those would look amazing on my 21 HE!

Good luck on the Giveaway!

Looking forward to this build. If the other projects I've seen @Boston Mangler build are any indication, there's going to be some really cool things to come. The rig already has some unique things that make it pretty special.

Subscribed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom