Request for coaching on how to make sure I order the right replacement springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gentlemen, hope everybody’s doing well and people are getting ready for a good off-road season.

My ‘68 has a partially collapsed/broken passenger side rear spring. This rig is been lifted, and I don’t have the specs of what was used to do it, so I was hoping to get some coaching on how I make sure I order the right profile replacement springs to keep it level.

I’ll spend some more time searching, but are there measurements or specific things I should be looking at on the existing stuff to help inform what I order to replace it? Thanks!

Some pics of the existing setup would help. :grinpimp:

No need to ask twice !

5C97D220-FAF9-46E4-AD46-E261FE01A629.jpeg

Hey there-thanks for the response. Woukdn’t any vendor need some sort of specs on lift/measurements so the ride height stays level?

Not being argumentative, just scratching my head on how I’d make sure the order is done right the first time.

Hey there-thanks for the response. Woukdn’t any vendor need some sort of specs on lift/measurements so the ride height stays level?

Not being argumentative, just scratching my head on how I’d make sure the order is done right the first time.

You’re on it, if you talk to the guys at Cruiser Outfitters they can walk and talk you through everything.

Just from the picture. Looks like you have a front shackle reversal. The back appears to have longer shackle to account for the front approx 3 inch lift.
I used 2 1/2 rear lift springs and kept with a stock size shackle.
You possibly have stock springs.
Closer picture of your springs would help with iding them.

@tdskip You are just wanting 1 replacement spring correct? If you are near Mark's Off Road in SoCal, Perhaps he might have something in inventory.

Thanks for the mention Mark. Skip knows the way to my shop...or did.

Thanks for the mention Mark. Skip knows the way to my shop...or did.

Still do, but I also know that if I show up without the details on what I need I’m going get a well-deserved dope slap
!

2.5" OME or skyjacker or procomp rear springs with stock shackles should be good
X2 for close up pics of your front and rear springs for identification .

Those tires are 33" ?

Good morning and thanks for the reply.

They are 285/70/17 tires.

Still do, but I also know that if I show up without the details on what I need I’m going get a well-deserved dope slap
!

So...

Do everyone here a favor and take some good technical pics of your shackle angle, your spring arch, and the space between your bump stops and your axle.

2.5" OME or skyjacker or procomp rear springs with stock shackles should be good
X2 for close up pics of your front and rear springs for identification .

Those tires are 33" ?

Disagree. Stock shackles are NEVER a good idea on a lifted cruiser.

Good morning gentlemen - hope everyone is doing OK. Like many of you I’ve had a bit of a nutty last couple weeks but here are the pictures of the current front leaf spring set up.

CB9CA1CA-0004-40D2-BB46-F20710935961.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom