REPRODUCTION D-Pillar and Front Fender Vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man that's a tough one... Best thing to do is hit the local powder coater and ask for sample cards. Every dash is different depending on the UV exposure over the years...

SEM has a couple of "close" brown/tans and grey paints. But I haven't even jumped into the powders.

Maybe @dogfishlake can suggest a color start. P, any ideas on the 60 dash colors in a Cardinal or Prismatic color code?

J
I don't yet, but I will look. I've got a tan interior 60 and Chunk is grey. Both are low gloss which will limit choices a bit, but like you mentioned, Prismatic powders may be a go to.

Also remember this is starting from 1.500" solid billet, so to make it workable for most we would have to remove all but +/- .110" so it can be easier on the end user to modifiy. Lot's of things "might" happen with the bezel. But, it will be down the road (could be a week... could be a year...) after the initial design is made and released.

I'm not going to tie up my mills for a constant one off request on these. The set up and tooling and programming on a one off will be about 150.00 additional if not more.

J
Charging accordingly for special requests is an option...but I do not think you would do a one off for $150 but 20+, is inspiring. Just saying.

Last edited:
Still praying for those front, rear & cargo SS SCUFF PLATES!! There has to be a market out there for one more quality replacement trim part…costly, yes…but Oh, so cool (and, practical)!
What‘s it going to take…how many pre orders, Jason?

I reckon’ the 62 AC DASH BEZEL continues to be out of the question due the limited production years of the FJ62 and lack of member support?

Sorry, for what might be mistaken as a “rant”. It‘s just a non-ending admiration for the quality of work you put forth!

Still praying for those front, rear & cargo SS SCUFF PLATES!! There has to be a market out there for one more quality replacement trim part…costly, yes…but Oh, so cool (and, practical)!
What‘s it going to take…how many pre orders, Jason?

I reckon’ the 62 AC DASH BEZEL continues to be out of the question due the limited production years of the FJ62 and lack of member support?

Sorry, for what might be mistaken as a “rant”. It‘s just a non-ending admiration for the quality of work you put forth!

Honestly there are only 3 people that have come forward wanting them...

J

Whilst I wait for these to be restocked, has anyone tried a peice of ally chequer plate cut to size and polished up a bit for the D Pillar vent.. (no vent slots)..

Scuff plates all the way around? Count me in.

Whilst I wait for these to be restocked, has anyone tried a peice of ally chequer plate cut to size and polished up a bit for the D Pillar vent.. (no vent slots)..
We've got the D-Pillar vents in stock in Oz @duncanrm if you're chasing a set 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom