Replacement Visors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my passenger side visor just bit the dust over the weekend… they didn’t sag, but the plastic bracket finally gave out one hot day.

My question is, what are some good replacement options. I know the rosen’s are the best, but also that’s the most expensive visor I have ever seen.

I have an 94 with the gray interior. Any suggestions?

There are Lexus (LS 400 and others) car visors that work. Solve Function makes adapter brackets. You can find this here on 'mud in the 80 tech forum using the search function (or Google with the "site" keyword).

Thanks Charlie, that LS400 is about the only other option I’ve seen. I’m going to hit the pick and pull locally for those if they’re available.

Ideally the option I would want would look like one of the Rosen visors with out the insane price tag.

I believe i picked up the ls 430 setr again in use with adapter for Solve function. Bought them on ebay from a wrecking yard down in georga, they were in great shape, with adapters and the visors spent about 100. including shipping.

So my passenger side visor just bit the dust over the weekend… they didn’t sag, but the plastic bracket finally gave out one hot day.

My question is, what are some good replacement options. I know the rosen’s are the best, but also that’s the most expensive visor I have ever seen.

I have an 94 with the gray interior. Any suggestions?
quite expensive but look cool and functional. Universal sold out but guessing that's the one to get.
Some of the 80 series restomods show it with these visors but best to check fitment.

I have an extra set of gray visors if you haven’t found a replacement. When my 80 returns from the shop I’m happy to confirm functionality to make sure they don’t sag, and let you know.

I have an extra set of gray visors if you haven’t found a replacement. When my 80 returns from the shop I’m happy to confirm functionality to make sure they don’t sag, and let you know.

That’s a great option too. DM me when you get them back in!

Installed Rosen visors a few months ago and highly recommend for a long term fix with awesome functionality given the tinted surface.

IMG_4210.jpeg

I scored a couple LS400 shades from the local pick and pull for cheap but they were tan. Swung by napa and found a vinyl spray paint in a gray that matches close enough with the dash. They sit super tight with the roof line! No sag!

I think the rosens are the goal one day but for now, the 20 dollar fix seems to work pretty well!

Hey Mudders,
If anyone can post up or DM me some pics of the mounting locations of their LS430 visors, that would be much appreciated. I'm using the Solve Function mounting parts and I'm getting some scrape on the headliner upon moving them toward the window, and it seems like they only work if I reverse them left to right. Only if I put the left side on the right, and install with the skinny side toward the center line of the rig do they work for me (opposite of the instructions). I've got to be doing something wrong here.
Am I missing something?
Thanks.

20231125_094836.jpg

Installed Rosen visors a few months ago and highly recommend for a long term fix with awesome functionality given the tinted surface.
for those in the desert, the rosen's need more tint... not nearly dark enough out here in AZ.

I am running 100 series visors with the 80 series base plate.

I went ROSEN, yes, they are expensive, but they are really nice.
If they aren't dark enough, put an additional layer of window tint on them. Fully customizable in that respect.

Hey Mudders,
If anyone can post up or DM me some pics of the mounting locations of their LS430 visors, that would be much appreciated. I'm using the Solve Function mounting parts and I'm getting some scrape on the headliner upon moving them toward the window, and it seems like they only work if I reverse them left to right. Only if I put the left side on the right, and install with the skinny side toward the center line of the rig do they work for me (opposite of the instructions). I've got to be doing something wrong here.
Am I missing something?
Thanks.

View attachment 3491025
Let me know if you are still having an issue happy to help out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom