Replacement Vacuum Hose question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've seen a few posts regarding the 're-tubing' of everyone's matrix of vacuum hoses under their respective hoods. It seems daunting, but I think between JimC's de-smogged guide, mine is now, and a few other diagrams out here, I can work my way through the process. McMaster-Carr seems to have the best selection of 3mm ID hose for this. However, I can't seem to find what the recommended wall thickness should be, and by addition, what the OD should be. Can anyone provide guidance or individual experience on what size hose that should be used?

Thanks in advance,
-ibis1969

here's two options:

I recently replaced the tubing on my stock 2F. I am using the 3mm x 2.5mm wall thickness silicone tubing from McMaster Carr. Originally installed this 24 years ago. I decided to replace it all with new, but seriously there was really nothing wrong with the 24 year old stuff.

here's two options:

Your post was very helpful for me finally getting off my rear and ordering hoses. Thanks

This seems to be focused on the predominant size. There is some tubing that is slightly larger, that I also got from TurboLogic. I have not been able to find the larger diameters - ~ 3/4" > 1". What sources have others used for these larger sizes?

I did this a few years ago for an FJ62 and ordered “10” quantity of the 5MM hose for the larger diameter one and “30” quantity of the 3.5MM hose for the standard one from TurboLogic. The total with shipping was just short of $50 At the time.

I had a little bit extra left of the 5MM and enough left of the 3.5MM left that I could later reroute some and run a vacuum gauge into the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom