Replacement power door mirrors for FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In case anyone is interested. The OEM ones I put on my rig are 87910-60460 and 87940-60420
:cheers:

In case anyone is interested. The OEM ones I put on my rig are 87910-60460 and 87940-60420
:cheers:
These are the 70 series, correct?

i found a seller on ebay, based in the emirates, i bought the FJ70's electric side mirrors from them earlier in november. they arrived a couple of days ago. a few are still available: 87910-60460 GENUINE OEM TOYOTA MIRROR ASSY, OUTER REAR VIEW, RH 8791060460 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/352647956362 87940-60420 GENUINE OEM TOYOTA MIRROR ASSY, OUTER REAR VIEW, LH 8794060420 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/352647956605 shipping costs to the US does make them pricey. they look great tho.

PXL_20221119_172802016.jpg

I already had manual-style FJ70's mirrors on her, so I already knew about the gaps, here are what the gaps look like up close:

PXL_20221119_172749365.jpg

What‘s your opinion concerning the possibility of water leakage/infiltration? Any idea as to what product might be used to fill those gaps and still maintain a practical watertight yet esthetic appearance while still realizing there is no downward sealing pressure on the pad to vehicle surface from the above mirror bracket at the point of the gap?
I noticed the term “foam“ used in a previous post in this thread as a possible solution!?!?

Whered you get those? Im good with swapping to a 70
Hey sorry I just saw this! I got them from Amayama. Not cheap but they are fresh. :D

What‘s your opinion concerning the possibility of water leakage/infiltration? Any idea as to what product might be used to fill those gaps and still maintain a practical watertight yet esthetic appearance while still realizing there is no downward sealing pressure on the pad to vehicle surface from the above mirror bracket at the point of the gap?
I noticed the term “foam“ used in a previous post in this thread as a possible solution!?!?
I cut a piece of EPDM foam. Nice seal.

I'd be happy to have a set of black power mirrors rather than having to constantly repaint the chrome as either it or the paint on it peels away every couple years.....

i found a seller on ebay, based in the emirates, i bought the FJ70's electric side mirrors from them earlier in november. they arrived a couple of days ago. a few are still available: 87910-60460 GENUINE OEM TOYOTA MIRROR ASSY, OUTER REAR VIEW, RH 8791060460 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/352647956362 87940-60420 GENUINE OEM TOYOTA MIRROR ASSY, OUTER REAR VIEW, LH 8794060420 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/352647956605 shipping costs to the US does make them pricey. they look great tho.

View attachment 3172504

I already had manual-style FJ70's mirrors on her, so I already knew about the gaps, here are what the gaps look like up close:

View attachment 3172506
Betty.png

the 62's are just obnoxiously cool looking :) and fun, even if there's an ever growing list of s*** to fix
I'm honestly a fan of the FJ Cruiser mirrors. There's a bit of work needed to get them fitted, but once I can get my hands on a pair I'll be designing an actual adapter with the help of a friend with a 3d printer and then seeing if I can find someone to produce them from hard rubber so that they function as both an adapter and gasket. Figuring out the wiring for the lights (and I'd have to double check, but I think some had the option of heated glass) and motors should be easy. Be cool to have the lights function with the blinkers I think.

They also come in black, which is my biggest draw to them.

View attachment 3172504

View attachment 3172506
Nice looking truck and thanks for the link to ebay. Im about to put in the order and just want to make sure a couple of things. It was about 400$ (including shipping) for both correct? And driver mirrow will plug right in and operate fine with fj62 oem mirror control switch? If so, cant wait to get my hand on these. The peeling chrome has been buggjng for years! Thanks

Nice looking truck and thanks for the link to ebay. Im about to put in the order and just want to make sure a couple of things. It was about 400$ (including shipping) for both correct? And driver mirrow will plug right in and operate fine with fj62 oem mirror control switch? If so, cant wait to get my hand on these. The peeling chrome has been buggjng for years! Thanks
thanks!
about 430, including all the shipping, so that's about right.
and yes it's plug and play with the connector, and the button controller. no alterations or what nots required.

thanks!
about 430, including all the shipping, so that's about right.
and yes it's plug and play with the connector, and the button controller. no alterations or what nots required.
Thanks! Just ordered. Another item checked off on the ever growing long list of things to do to my 62!!

try to restore power function to the mirror that stopped adjusting, turned out to be sheared off wires to the mirror - not really sure how that happened.
I may have accidentally discovered why this could happen.

I was working on a mirror and had it off the truck. After I reattached it I got in and tested it. Then I rolled the window up… about 3/4 of the way up it slowed way down (more than normal) and then I heard a pop sound… then the window went right up. Mirror doesn’t work now. Moral of the story is - be careful of the mirror wire routing especially if your window is down when you’re working on it.

I may have accidentally discovered why this could happen.

I was working on a mirror and had it off the truck. After I reattached it I got in and tested it. Then I rolled the window up… about 3/4 of the way up it slowed way down (more than normal) and then I heard a pop sound… then the window went right up. Mirror doesn’t work now. Moral of the story is - be careful of the mirror wire routing especially if your window is down when you’re working on it.
I started this thread after my driver side power died. Once I got the replacement set (used) I took it off to swap and realized the plug had come undone. No clue how that happened through just normal use. But now I have a spare set in the parts pile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom