reinstalling a 2f in a fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm working on installing a 2f back into my 78 fj40 when i got it it had a 283 . i found a79 fj55 rust bucket been told 79 and 80 carbs are not the best looking to de smog and get an earlier carb. or maybe go with fuel injection. where could i get a good 77 or 78 carb?

I went thru this, hopefully mark will chime in.
he built me a combo carb with parts of my 1980 and a later 84+ carb, it works great
he has also rebuilt a 79 carb and that user is very happy with it

@65swb45

you should also check in here:

thank you for the advice called Mark today and will be sending him my 79 carb. very soon.

you'll be very happy with it when you get it back.

NOS OEM available. If you are still looking for one.

IMG-20191230-WA0075.jpg

NOS OEM available. If you are still looking for one.

View attachment 2172238

That looks like a 61012, non-smog, non US carb for the 81-87 Landcruisers that use a shorter carb with the shorter valve cover. You would need a sewer pipe spacer to use it on an earlier engine.

That looks like a 61012, non-smog, non US carb for the 81-87 Landcruisers that use a shorter carb with the shorter valve cover. You would need a sewer pipe spacer to use it on an earlier engine.

Same carb I run! Took forever to find a Toyota air cleaner assembly that would bolt right up.

this is for Mark

I have two pedals one from a 40 and one from a 55 brackets a little different can make one work by changing bracket.

gas pedal.JPG

You got it covered. Will adjust estimate accordingly. Tested your fuel cut solenoid last night. It’s good. Secondary diaphragm is shot. Got secondary throttle unfrozen and started working on the oxidation before turning in for the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom